At Berkeley, quality takes precedence, from choosing the right location and style of home, to the construction processes we practice, the materials we use and the specification we put into our homes.
| || |
Benefits of buying new from Berkeley
Considerations of buying old
- Low maintenance required, no need to renovate, saving time and money and leaving weekends free.
- An older property, for example Victorian, wouldn't necessarily provide modern living such as en suite bathrooms and larger livings spaces.
- Hassle free sales process from exchange of contracts through to completion.
- Complex chain of sale leading to uncertainty and delays.
- Reservation secure with as little as £2,000* with no further third party viewings.
- Investing in surveys costing up to £2,000.
- Berkeley Homes peace of mind 2 year warranty with dedicated Customer Service teams on hand 24 hours a day to manage enquiries quickly and effectively.
- Redecoration to make it your new home.
- Personalised choices available selected by our interior designer (subject to stage of construction).
- Free time and additional investment required to personalise your home.
- Exceptional standards of design and quality.
- Older homes likely to be less energy efficient, costing more money in utilities and construction.
- Internal layouts designed to meet modern living standards.
- Lack of knowledge of historical works carried out on the property in terms of updating plumbing, wiring and heating.
- Designer kitchens and bathrooms with stylish fittings and appliances.
- Fire and security alarms may not be fitted or meet regulations.
- Choice of flooring throughout as standard (subject to stage of construction).
- Used appliances require maintenance and repair and can cause leaks and damage to the property.
- Energy efficient homes providing low environment impact with design features such as dual-flush WCs, recycling bins and energy efficient white goods.
- The house has been lived in and nothing is brand new.
- Variety of product and house designs available.
- Potential for rotten decay in older properties.
- Security and peace of mind with smoke detectors fitted and multipoint door locking systems.
- Carefully considered developments with beautiful landscaping.
- Everything is brand new from an industry leading and trusted developer.
* Reservation fees may vary depending on the value of the property. Please ask our Sales Consultants for further details.
Top 10 reasons people gave for loving their new home are:
What you may pay for buying a second hand property:
- Fully fitted kitchen: £15,000 - £20,000
- Fully fitted bathroom: £5,000
- Professional carpet cleaning: £250
- Maintenance-free / No DIY
- Re-paint walls and ceilings throughout: £2,500
- Install smoke alarms, security locks, burglar alarm and security lighting: £1,000
- Super-efficient new boiler: £3,200
- Extra insulation to improve energy rating: £500+
- Higher heating bills because of high ceilings etc: £400 per annum
- Design and layout / look & feel
- TOTAL: Approximately £32,500 plus £400 per annum
|Survey of over 1000 new home owners conducted by NHBC after 9 months in their new home||These figures are approximate and should be used as a rough estimate only|