Health and Safety Apprentice HS01
Operating Company: Berkeley Modular
Title: Health and Safety Apprentice
Is this a Trade or a business operation (higher degree) role? Business Operations
Application Reference Number: HS01
Entry Requirements: Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Level 5 (or above) with Maths & English at Level 6
Location: Berkeley Modular Factory, Northfleet
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Starting Salary: Age 16-18 £18,500, age 18+ £21,000
Working within the H&S team to develop a world-class H&S environment and support risk assessment & reviews, HSE inspections and timely closure of actions.
You’ll spend 2 years studying towards your Level 3 apprenticeship whilst gaining valuable experience to become a Health & Safety Advisor with the potential to progress higher level qualifications.
- To assist in managing an efficient manufacturing operation, to achieve health & safety quality and production delivery requirements
- Become familiar with health & safety, quality processes and programme for the specific operating procedures within the factory.
- Become proficient in the use of the company management systems. Understand what “Good” looks like and play a part in making it happen.
- Take every possible opportunity to improve your knowledge and development – expand the breath of your knowledge-base as well as the depth.
- Play a key role in administering the environmental, safety and health documentation-ensure paperwork is of the required standard and content and is filed correctly and promptly
- Carry out ad-hoc tasks as required by the line manager
- Work safely and competently always adhering to Group Standards
- Supporting the manufacturing and site based teams with risk assessment and hazard identification
- Understand how to plan for Safety, Health and Environmental emergencies
- Assist accident investigations