A total of 25 Berkeley Group sites were among the winners at the 2019 Considerate Constructor Scheme (CCS) Awards, including One Blackfriars which was named the 'UK's Most Considerate Site'.
A total of 57 Berkeley sites have been registered with the scheme over the last year, meaning just under half received awards for the high standards of care they show towards their local community, environment and workforce.
Another stand out performer was South Quay Plaza, which was named 'Most Considerate Site Runner Up'.
Over the awards year Berkeley's average CCS site score was 43 out of 50, the fourth highest among all CCS Partners, and by far the best performance from a major developer with high numbers of registered sites.
The average CCS score across the country in the last year was 36.27.
Site registered with the CCS are visited and independently assessed against a Code of Considerate Practice.
Berkeley Group chief executive Rob Perrins said:
"This is another fantastic set of results and I want to congratulate our exceptional site management teams and all those who support them. They maintain our standards and they treat local communities with the care and respect they deserve.
"As a CCS Partners we register every development for an independent assessment under the CCS, not just a few 'flagship' sites with special measures. To achieve such consistently high scores again this year is a fantastic achievement and shows that considerate, neighbourly behaviour can become the norm for our industry."
Berkeley Group 2019 CCS National Site Awards results:
- Most Considerate Site St George (City), One Blackfriars
- Most Considerate Site Runner Up Berkeley Homes (South East London), South Quay Plaza
- Gold Berkeley Homes (Central London): West End Gate
- Gold Berkeley Homes (North East London): Goodman's Fields
- Gold St George (Developments): Chelsea Creek
- Gold St George (Developments): Fulham Reach
- Gold Berkeley Homes (North East London): 250 City Road
- Gold Berkeley Homes (South East London): South Quay Plaza
- Gold Berkeley Homes (Southern): Southwater
- Gold St George (City): One Blackfriars
- Silver St George (Developments): Battersea Reach Block K&L
- Silver St Edward Homes: Kensington Row
- Silver Berkeley Homes (East Thames): Kidbrooke Village Center
- Silver Berkeley Homes (North East London): Woodberry Down Phase 2, Block F
- Silver Berkeley Homes (West Thames): Southall Waterside
- Silver St George (City): London Dock
- Silver Berkeley Homes (West London): Victory Pier, Pier Road, Gillingham
- Silver Berkeley Homes (Southern): Highwood
- Bronze St George (West London): Beaufort Park
- Bronze Berkeley Homes (Southern): Edenbrook Village
- Bronze St William: Prince of Wales Drive
- Bronze St William: Rickmansworth
- Bronze Berkeley Homes (Oxford & Chiltern): Taplow
- Bronze Berkeley Homes (Central London): Vista
- Bronze Berkeley Homes (Oxford & Chiltern): Worcester
- Bronze Berkeley Homes (West London): Kingston Gasworks
- Bronze St Edward Homes: Green Park Village
The CCS Code of Considerate Practice encourages developers to:
- Care about Appearance
- Respect the Community
- Protect the Environment
- Secure everyone's Safety
- Value their Workforce
Find out more at www.ccscheme.org.uk