Berkeley Group has been named Housebuilder of the Year at the 2023 Building Awards.
The annual event rewards excellence in homebuilding across the UK.
Berkeley’s winning entry pulled together a wide-ranging list of achievements from the past year, and set out the homebuilder’s focus on reviving underused brownfield sites to create unique, nature-rich, sustainable places.
Highlights from 2022-23 include:
- More than 4,000 mixed-tenure homes delivered
- 86% of homes delivered on brownfield land
- 97.5% of customers would recommend Berkeley to a friend
- A- rating for climate action and transparency by CDP
- 54 Biodiversity Net Gain strategies in place, which will deliver more than 550 acres of new or measurably improved habitat
- AAA rating in the MSCI global ESG index
- £560m invested in affordable housing and community infrastructure
- 27,000 jobs supported
- Community Plans in place for 100% of regeneration sites
- 10% of employees in ‘earn and learn’ roles – as graduates, apprentices or sponsored students
- £3.9m invested in 50 charities by the Berkeley Foundation, supporting 13,000 disadvantaged people
Find out more about Berkeley’s approach to brownfield regeneration, and see some site transformations, here.