Help us celebrate and reward true apprentice champions!
Find out who you can nominate, the categories, and more information on the Apprentice Awards below
You have until 5:30pm, Friday 26 July 2019 to submit your nominations
2019 Award Categories
You can nominate yourself or a colleague across any of these categories.
1. Best Apprentice in the Berkeley Group: Celebrating the best of our directly employed talent. Open to any apprentice directly employed by Berkeley Group. Nominees must currently be an apprentice, or have completed their apprenticeship in the last 12 months.
2. Best Operating Company in the Berkeley Group: Rewarding business-level contributions. Open to any operating company within Berkeley Group.
3. Best Industry Champion: Recognising the individuals who go above and beyond to support apprentices. Open to both Berkeley employees and suppliers.
4. Best Subcontractor working with the Berkeley Group: This award celebrates the fantastic contribution that our suppliers make to supporting apprenticeships. Open to any supplier that has worked with any operating company in Berkeley Group over the last 12 months.
5. Best Interiors Apprentice: Open to any apprentice that has been a dry-liner, painter & decorator, kitchen fitter, joiner or carpenter in the last 12 months. Open to direct employees and those working with Berkeley Group through suppliers.
6. Best Exteriors Apprentice: Open to any apprentice that has been a bricklayer, roofer, scaffolder or concrete worker in the last 12 months. Open to direct employees and those working with Berkeley Group through suppliers.
7. Best Electrical Apprentice: Open to any electrical apprentice. Open to direct employees and those working with Berkeley Group through suppliers in the last 12 months.
8. Best Plumbing Apprentice: Open to any plumbing apprentice. Open to direct employees and those working with Berkeley Group through suppliers in the last 12 months.
9. Best Support Services Apprentice: Open to any support services apprentice, including Quantity Surveyors, sales, marketing, communications and business administration. Open to direct employees and those working with Berkeley Group through suppliers in the last 12 months.
10. Best Trainee in the Berkeley Group: This award recognises our newest talent from across the business. We welcome nominations for any direct employee who is in formal training, or has completed training in the last 12 months. This includes Building Futures, Graduate Scheme candidates, Academy entrants or anyone completing a qualification. It is not open to apprentices.
There is also a prize for the Best Overall Apprentice.
This category is chosen by the judges and is not open for nominations.
If you have any questions about categories or who you can nominate, please email email@example.com
This is the fourth year of the Berkeley Apprentice Awards. They are a chance for us to celebrate apprentices, apprentice champions and the built environment sector. We want to show people just how rewarding and varied this industry really is.
Every year we bring together Berkeley staff, sub-contractors and industry experts to hear their stories and build a consensus about getting the best out of vocational training and attracting a diverse range of talented people into our sector.
Past winners have also gone on to be nominated for National awards.
Today's construction industry offers cutting-edge, varied and rewarding careers.
Modern apprenticeships offer a fantastic way to develop your skills and reach your potential.
Whatever your gender, age or background, construction could have a career choice that's right for you.
There is huge demand for the right people and the Berkeley Group is committed to working closely with councils, colleges, schools and other companies to tackle the shortfall.
There are dozens of office and site based roles to choose from and you can be part of a supportive team which develops your skills throughout your career.
Let the stars of this video tell you more.