Croydon is London's fourth largest retail centre, attracting £1 billion in revenue every year. Westfield Croydon has been announced and is anticipated to commence in 2015. Croydon offers rich cultural diversity, which has produced a superb range of restaurants within easy reach of Saffron Square. Among these is the Michelin Guides - recommended Albert's Table. Sporting facilities in the area include swimming baths, cricket and football pitches and clubs, and five nearby golf courses.
- Banana Leaf - 0.7 miles
- The Tree House - 1.1 miles
- Centrale Shopping Centre - 0.5 miles
- John Lewis at Home - 1.2 miles
- Fairfield Halls - 0.5 miles
- Shirley Park Golf Club - 1.9 miles
Croydon is well served for educational establishments with 95 schools, 21 secondary schools and 4 colleges. The performance at GCSE level is above the national average.
- Elmwood Junior School - 0.7 miles
- Kingsley Primary School - 1.5 miles
- BRIT School Performing Arts & Technology
- Coloma Convent Girls School - 3.3 miles
- Kings' College London - 32 mins
- London School of Economics - 39 mins
Saffron Square is perfectly placed to take advantage of the transport links that both East and West Croydon stations offer. East Croydon benefits from the fast train from Brighton to London Bridge via Gatwick Airport, as well as six trains per hour to Victoria station. There is also the fast London Overground connection to the City, Canary Wharf and the London Underground network from West Croydon station and a reliable tram network throughout Croydon.
- East Croydon Station - 11 minutes
- Train: London Bridge - 13 minutes
- Airport: Gatwick - 14 minutes
- Train: Victoria - 16 minutes
- St. Pancras International - 30 minutes
- Brighton - 35 minutes