The Green Quarter, Ealing
On the site of a contaminated former gasworks, we are creating an extraordinary community made up of five neighbourhoods, three parks and thousands of homes.
Over a period of about 25 years, 88 acres of industrial land will morph into an authentic new village, inspired by the tradition of London's Great Estates. This will be a living landscape, set beside the Grand Union Canal, with at least half of the site given over to publicly accessible open space, nature and fitness trails, and more than six acres of children's play and recreation space. The people who live here will also enjoy a health centre, primary school, community centre and a buzzing commercial district.
Work to integrate this remarkable new part of Ealing with the surrounding community has already begun. Neighbouring residents are helping to shape plans for the new community space and inform the Skills, Training and Employment Board founded in 2015 in partnership with Ealing Council.
- 88 acres
- Two years of land remediation work
- Acres of publicly accessible space including adaptable areas for community events
- Shops, a supermarket and cinema, cafes and restaurants, office space and a hotel
- 17 minutes to Bond Street via new Crossrail station
- £26million contribution to services and infrastructure