On Saturday 22nd October, Berkeley is offering first time buyers at its' Kingsbrook Park development in Canterbury, Kent, an amazing opportunity to buy one of their FirstBuy properties complete with a John Lewis furniture pack to furnish their new home! During the event, buyers can talk to experienced sales advisers and an independent mortgage adviser, who will be on hand to offer all the advice and information they need to purchase their first property.
Tina Dedman, Sales and Marketing Director of Berkeley comments: Berkeley understands first time buyers often use all their savings on the deposit for their new home and may not have much left for furnishings. To help, on Saturday 22nd October, Berkeley is offering all buyers who secure a FirstBuy property at Kingsbrook Park, a great furniture package from John Lewis. As the properties already offer an excellent specification, including a fully fitted kitchen with integrated appliances, buyers will only need to bring their suitcase when they move in!
FirstBuy provides a loan of up to 20% of the purchase price of a new property and the buyer funds the remaining 80% themselves. To be eligible for a FirstBuy loan, the applicant's household must earn less than £60,000 per year and be unable to finance a property in the area where they currently live or work. An equity loan of up to 20% of the property price will be provided, paid for by a shared-equity loan funded by Berkeley and the Homes and Communities Agency*. The purchaser needs to arrange finance for the remaining 80% of the purchase price, which can be done by arranging a market-rate mortgage and providing a 5% deposit.
This means, properties at Kingsbrook Park can be secured for as little as £139,960 for a one bedroom apartment based on the full market value of £174,950.
The development enjoys a fantastic location on the banks of the River Stour and within a short walk of Canterbury city centre. The apartments exude modern cosmopolitan living. Each has an open plan living and dining area complete with a fully fitted kitchen complete with a stainless steel sink unit, Bosch oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and ceramic floor tiling. All of the apartments feature a balcony thus providing residents with the perfect place to enjoy a spot of alfresco dining while taking in the scenery.
Some master bedroom suites include walk-in shower rooms featuring Hansgrohe mixer taps and thermostatically controlled shower mixer, white Villeroy and Boch wash basin, wood effect vanity shelf and full height ceramic wall tiling. The main bathroom comes complete with stylish sanitary ware, ceramic wall and floor tiling and heated ladder style chrome towel rail.
Each apartment has a communal TV aerial and satellite dish. All living areas and bedrooms are wired for Sky Plus and Sky High Definition television and have broadband connection from all telephone points. Security features include an audio entry system.
Kingsbrook Park is a stunning new development that is set within 11 acres of landscaped grounds and is bordered by the River Stour on three sides. Designed to benefit the whole community, the development will include a new 2.5 acre park, ecological habitat zones to improve the natural landscape and enhancements to the public riverside walk. There will also be a new children's play area.
The development is situated within a short walk of the historic city centre, which has an excellent range of shops, restaurants and historic cultural attractions. The city's two world renowned universities are also close by and Canterbury West Station is only a ten minute walk away, offering frequent high speed services to London St Pancras. In addition, the seaside at Whitstable is only 15 minutes away, which is famous for its beaches and seafood.
By road, the development is within a short drive of the M2 which provides links to both the M25 for commuters and to Dover and the Channel Tunnel which is ideal for quick and easy access to France and the Continent.
*The FirstBuy loan is interest-free for the first five years. In the sixth year it attracts interest of just 1.75%; thereafter the rate will increase each year by the Retail Price Index plus 1% per annum.