Development of the Month
The One Blackfriars development is regenerating a key site on Blackfriars Road in Southwark, previously unoccupied for more than a decade.
Due for completion in 2018, One Blackfriars will comprise:
- 274 new homes
- 161 bedroom boutique hotel
- 14,000 sq ft of retail space
- 888m² of landscaped space, including a new public piazza
Did you know..
- The concept for the One Blackfriars tower was envisaged by architect Ian Simpson over 15 years ago, inspired by the Lansetti II glass vase by Finnish artist Timo Sarpaneva
- 9,126 panes of glass will be installed on the inner and outer façades (13 times the number used on the Louvre.)
- 80 miles of underfloor heating pipework is being installed (equivalent of London to Cambridge.)
- On a clear day, you will be able to see more than 28 miles from the top floor of the tower
- It will take 8 million hours to complete One Blackfriars
Back to top