We think London can lay claim to being the shopping capital of the world, especially when it comes to fashion. Every major retailer has an outlet here, but it's the smaller independent shops that really set London apart from its international rivals. Peppered across the city you'll find hundreds of these eclectic stores that not only stock big names from the city and around the world, but are also where you'll find the next big thing in fashion.
You could fill a magazine with a list of these shops, but we've selected 5 exclusive London boutiques that are the places to go when hunting for your latest fashion addition.
- OTHER/shop. Tucked away in the heart of Soho, OTHER/shop is a new addition to the London boutique scene, opening in 2012, but it has a wealth of experience at the helm in the shape of former b store directors Matthew Murphy and Kirk Beattie. OTHER/shop continues Matthew and Kirk's hard work fostering and nurturing emerging talent in the fashion world, but you'll also find more established labels here. A trip to OTHER/shop, with its inviting atmosphere and personal touch of its staff, is a whole other world to the big name outlets. www.other-shop.com
- Opening Ceremony. Starting out as a small store in New York, Opening Ceremony now boasts outlets in Los Angeles, Tokyo and London. You'll find big labels like Kenzo and Proenza Schouler alongside new labels. One unique aspect of Opening Ceremony is its tradition of stocking labels from different countries on a changing basis each season. Over the years they've highlighted cutting edge brands from Brazil, Sweden, Japan and South Korea amongst others. www.openingceremony.us
- LN-CC. This ground breaking store combines leading men's and women's fashion with a library, record store, art gallery, bar and club for private events. You'll find labels like Margiela and Jil Sander sitting alongside the latest hot young things from the leading fashion schools. Areas are linked through wooden tunnels and indoor forests making this a genuinely arresting shopping experience. If you want to experience LN-CC it's by appointment only and as it's currently closed for refurbishment and due to reopen on the 1st of September you'll need to make your booking now. www.ln-cc.com
- Primitive London. Hunkered down under a railway bridge, Primitive London curates the best in new fashion from around the world. The initial focus of this boutique was in selling one-off pieces, but has since grown into various mind blowing labels such as Balmung and Ava Catherside. The global nature of their labels has also led to Primitive London hosting travelling pop up shops in Berlin, Tokyo and most recently LA. This London boutique also launched its very own label in 2012, designing and producing their own merchandise in conjunction with other designers. www.primitivelondon.co.uk
- 11 Boundary. This deluxe boutique has rapidly established itself as one of the most exciting in East London, and has garnered many celebrity fans during its relatively short existence. And no wonder, with quality brands like American Vintage, Wildfox, Tom Ford and House of Harlow adorning its shelves and racks. From basics with a luxurious twist to eye-catching accessories you can go from understated cool to extravagance in one step. www.11boundary.com
For the discerning shopper London boutiques offer the very best combination of established labels and leading newcomers, and that's why it's the ultimate destination when you want to indulge your passion for fashion.
One Tower Bridge occupies a prime position on London's South Bank, between three of the city's most important icons: Tower Bridge, the River Thames and the Tower of London. It is an exceptional new development of contemporary residencies, thoughtfully designed and luxuriously appointed throughout.
Within walking distance of the City's financial heart, close to Canary Wharf, next to a string of world-class cultural attractions and enjoying first-rate transport connections, One Tower Brudge justifies the description 'extraordinary'.
This is a London address like no other. This is a London address like no other. Register your interest here.