6 Incredible New Designers to Beautify Luxury London Apartments
Few countries have as rich a history of design as the UK. From the towering industrial beauty of Isambard Kingdom Brunel's creations to the delicate lines and inlay work of Thomas Chippendale's furniture, some of the world's most iconic designers have found their fame here.
It's a tradition set to continue in 2014 with a new wave of British-based designers already setting the design world alight with their work. We've pinpointed six new designers whose work is the ideal complement to luxury London apartments.
- Ceramics. Reiko Kaneko was raised in Japan until the age of eight before moving to the UK. Since graduating from Central Saint Martins, she's become one of the UK's best new ceramicists - noted for her exquisite blending of traditional Japanese fine china and quirky British design. Her 'Driptease Collection', features gold and platinum tea drips on pure white ceramics, the ideal way to enjoy tea or coffee while relaxing in your luxury London apartment. www.reikokaneko.co.uk
- Products. For some designers inspiration doesn't come at the drawing board but in the actual making. French-Canadian Phillipe Malouin finds his best work comes through experimentation: "I try things out. When I find an interesting process or material, I start designing." The clean lines and modern sensibilities of Philippe's work makes them perfectly suited to luxury London apartments. His products have a utilitarian beauty that marries form and function in perfection. www.philippemalouin.com
- Sculpture. Selling their beautiful architectural sculptures under the name Chisel & Mouse, brothers Robert and Gavin Paisley have seen their work in Paul Smith stores, Liberty and Whitechapel Gallery. After creating a model using a 3D printer, they make refinements to create a master mould and attach the frontage and fixings including metal doors and windows. What better focal point in the lounge of a luxury London apartment than a precise miniature rendition of one of the city's major landmarks? www.chiselandmouse.com
- Lighting. When Josie Morris designed her handle pendants for her final year project at university, it was unlikely the 22-year-old realised how successful they would become. The minimal, copper lights won the 2013 Foundry Award for Lighting Design and 6 months later are being stocked by outlets such as Conran and Heal's. "When I walk into a bar, the first thing I do is raise my head. Lighting can completely change a room," Josie says. And she's expanding from lights with her range tables that are now being stocked by Made.com. www.josiemorris.com
- Furniture. Oliver Hrubiak's passion is creating furniture that isn't just throwaway product, but instead the kind of items that can be cherished and past down the generations. Hrubiak's designs use simple shapes and natural finishes without the kinds of fancy decoration which could quickly render his creations out of fashion. After winning a slew of awards Oliver now designs furniture for John Lewis, &Then, and a range of other clients. www.oliverhrubiak.co.uk
- Textiles. Tori Murphy's approach to design follows classic, timeless principles, making them the ultimate finishing touches to luxury London apartments. She also designs her products to be long lasting with her patterns integrated into the fabric as opposed to printed onto the material. Her cushions, throws, poufs and accessories are stocked across the country in Selfridges and other high end outlets. www.torimurphy.com
To give your apartment that final finishing touch, you need to select products that will stand the test of time. The work of these designers will ensure that your luxury London apartment always looks incredible.
One Tower Bridge occupies a prime position on London's South Bank, between three of the city's most important icons: Tower Bridge, the River Thames and the Tower of London. It is an exceptional new development of contemporary residencies, thoughtfully designed and luxuriously appointed throughout.
Within walking distance of the City's financial heart, close to Canary Wharf, next to a string of world-class cultural attractions and enjoying first-rate transport connections, One Tower Brudge justifies the description 'extraordinary'.
This is a London address like no other. Register your interest here.