Application Reference Number: 0240
Location: Battersea, London
Position Type: Temporary - 14 Month Fixed Term Contract
Application End Date: 12/02/2021
Job Purposed: Producing interior design schemes internally encompassing base build elements and FF&E; furniture, finishes and fittings whilst working within the required budget and time scales for Berkeley St Edward.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist and manage the design process from concept through to completion.
- Produce sample / mood boards for materials selection and presentation, log and record information for ordering process.
- Produce communal area / apartment / houses / marketing suite interiors schemes to budget.
- Co-ordinate and present bespoke service for specific developments.
- Schedule all finishes, fittings and furniture for each development as necessary.
- Schedule all base build materials and specification for developments as necessary
- FF&E layouts and budget allocation where applicable
- Assisting the project teams with key interior design drawings to coordinate with design detailing and / also FF&E layouts.
- Set up and maintain samples and furniture library while sourcing new suppliers and products.
- Liase daily with the Interior Design Manager to ensure project drivers are being achieved. To liaise with the interior design manager and carry out the following; Site layout/ initial feasibility
- Interior design specification.
- Initial proposals of finishes for agreement prior to further detailed development at a working drawings stage.
- Preparation of finishes/mood boards including sample selection and ordering.
- Furniture layouts and spatial planning.
- Lighting design and layouts.
- Consider junctions of different materials, sequencing how different looks for different rooms and spaces will merge.
- Identify any long lead-in items early on and schedule accordingly into the ordering process.
- Ideally, 3-4 years experience within the interior design industry - property developer experience is a bonus
- CAD literate (AutoCAD or Vectorworks) / Photoshop / Excel / Sketch Up / Microsoft Office
- Experience in designing and coordinating varied Interior design styles and fit outs from concept through to installation
- Teamwork - able and willing to engage actively with colleagues whilst being collaborative and forward thinking
- Has a clear focus on exceptional customer service
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below