Application Reference Number: 0473
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 01/10/2021
Job Purpose: To support the Estates department in all aspects of the legal and estates set up of a development and the day to day on-going liaison with our Managing Agents to ensure Berkeley's estates are effectively managed. Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the Group estate management standards, ensuring the legal set up and estate management reporting is current and actively managed.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Legal & Estates Framework
- Liaise internally (planning/technical/commercial teams) to action the provision of all documentation to solicitors as required for the set-up of legal packs for new sites and new phases within existing Berkeley sites.
- Liaise internally to collate plans and technical information etc., required for Managing Agents to produce draft service charge budgets; keeping legal set-up tracker file updated and pursuing details required to facilitate detailed budgets to be produced.
- Assist in detailing and circulating site-specific estate management summaries that provide information to sales on service charge budgets and Transfer and Lease provisions.
- Responsible for distribution of Conveyance Plans to Solicitors and Managing Agents; ensuring that any revisions are circulated promptly.
- Responsible for plot to postal address applications with Local Authorities on all new development sites and phases. Circulate issued postals internally across the. business and distribute to Solicitors and Managing Agents.
- Ensure key legal pack documents are held centrally on file and update regularly to ensure all standard private or Housing Association leases / transfers / commercial leases are included.
- Chase solicitors on o/s legal estate completion matters, such as communal land transfers and handover of management company to resident Directors.
- Progress post completion legal enquiries (re-mortgages, re-sales etc.) or historic estate enquiries. Ensure owners responded to professionally and in a timely manner and record on file.
- Update estates tracker with any issues reported following site inspections and assist Estates & Operations Manager in tracking completion / rectification on site; liaising with Managing Agents, Site and Technical teams as required.
- Collate and review monthly reports received from Managing Agents and update estates dashboard to reflect estate finances, H&S compliance, detail of any major works and resident communication.
- Ensure extent of fire equipment within each building is recorded and that schedule of Fire Risk and General Risk Assessments inspections are up to date on all properties where freehold retained by Berkeley. Ensure any required actions are highlighted on internal reporting and evidence of completion held on file.
- Ensure extent of plant for each building is held on file and reporting includes statutory inspection dates on all completed sites / buildings where Berkeley retain an interest; highlight required actions and ensure progress / completion details held on file.
- Assist in production of Health & Safety File and associated handover documents; liaising internally to ensure all relevant information is captured.
- Distribute annual insurance renewals to Managing Agents and track any claims made.
- Keep schedule of when insurance re-valuations fall due and ensure re-valuations actioned and distributed to Berkeley's brokers and Group HO.
- Circulate group notices to all appointed Managing Agents; such as H&S requirements, reporting requirements, any changes to insurance cover etc.
- Arrange meetings and book meeting rooms in office or on site as required: Attend and minute meeting with solicitors and managing agents as required.
- Diarise all service charge budget and accounting year ends, annual and quarterly meetings with Agents, Solicitors legal set-up meetings, annual audit of Agents falling due, holiday dates etc. Provide weekly team updates.
- Ensure central files are kept updated on all sites; e.g., Management Agreements, budgets, service charge accounts, Managing Agent contact list.
- Follow up actions / requests for Head of Estate Management and Estates & Operations Manager.
- Provide ad-hoc Customer Service phone cover and support to co-ordinators
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills·
- Professional approach and good communication skills, both verbal and written Team player, willing to learn and get involved with· a wide range of tasks Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions
- IT literate, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below