Site Manager - Piling/Substructure
Application Reference Number: 0470
Location: Ealing, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 17/09/2021
Job Purpose: The Site Manager is responsible for the coordination and management and ultimate delivery of their specific area or project. This responsibility extends to all construction and related activities including logistics planning and implementation in collaboration with the site wide logistics team, commercial management, reporting both internally and externally, programming and planning, monitoring and close out of authorities obligations and conditions and staff management.
The Site Manager may have a number of direct reports, they will input into site wide management issues and a high level of interaction and coordination with other operational leads of the site wide team will be required.
The Site Manager will report to the Senior Site Manager.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Have a thorough understanding of the role of Principal Contractor and take responsibility for the safety of site operations. Set the standard for a healthy, safe and controlled work environment in accordance with Company and industry best practice
- Develop innovative and sound field implementation strategies for the areas activities. Review and accept related RAMS submitted by the Contractors.
- Ensure that all Contractors have been pre-mobilised and that there is a formal progress monitoring process in place, ensuring that a Health and Safety Checklist has been agreed before site commences and actioned accordingly.
- Chair, attend and minute meetings with internal team members and external Contractors, design team or other relevant parties as required.
- Ensure site presentation is maintained to a high standard in order to maximise sales potential.
- Oversee the Contractor's management of all construction and labour force logistics and contracts relating to their area.
- Ensure that all building operations are carried out in a safe and coordinated manner and with all relevant regulations.
- Produce, read, interrogate and familiarise oneself with specifications and drawings produced by the design team.
- Setting the standard for Quality and ensuring that quality is delivered at all times so that all works are constructed to the highest standard to meet Berkeley's handover requirements.
- Developing a programme with the Project Management team and translating this in to short term programmes which are communicated to Contractors
- Liaising with all internal disciplines to ensure smooth delivery of the programme
- Holding Contractors to account for delivery against programme.
- Identify potential problems, inform management and propose mitigation.
- Liaise with Statutory Authorities, consultants and design teams to ensure all inspections are completed and all service connections completed in accordance with the programme.
- Working within the budgets and cost plan set by the commercial team
- Ensure that key business targets and KPIs are met and where possible exceeded.
- Contribute information on specific area to weekly and monthly reports, as well as issuing and maintaining performance and KPI indicators.
- Ensure that sites operate efficiently and costs that are affected by project management are contained within budget.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Proactive, flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Good Team Player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below