Senior Land Manager
Application Reference Number: 0463
Function: Land & Planning
Location: Aldagte, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 17/09/2021
Job Purpose: We are seeking a Senior Land Manager to work with the Head of Land / Land Team in identifying and securing new land opportunities, the processing of bids/offers and the day to day running of projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of their involvement in recent land deals, an analytical approach, a good depth and range of industry contacts and a good knowledge of the planning, legal, technical and financial aspects that affect the delivery of residential led developments.
The role offers the right candidate an opportunity to grow their career with one of the country's leading developers and be a team player as part of an energetic and successful team.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Liaise with a network of agents, land owners, boroughs, consultants and all other third parties to identify and secure new land opportunities in accordance with the business plan.
- Undertake detailed financial appraisals and collate preliminary due diligence to inform early stage land bid strategies.
- Report to the internal board on new opportunities, including written reports, presentations and managing meetings.
- Prepare detailed market research, including recommendations on mix, typologies and both macro and micro influencing factors.
- Briefing and management of external consultants.
- Co-ordinate pre-bid sign off packs in support of offers made.
- Prepare Heads of Terms and involved in contract negotiations.
- Assist in day to day management of land team.
- Preparation of post offer due diligence ahead of Exchange and Main Board Sign Off on new land purchases.
- Ensure opportunities and risks are identified and managed.
- Manage design development through concept and feasibility stages prior to land purchase.
- Manage the preparation of, comment upon & submission of planning material in support of bids/offers made.
- Manage the integration of affordable housing strategy into emerging developments bids, including values, viability assessments and policy.
- Co-ordinate internal departments - Technical, Commercial, Production, Sales and Finance to ensure effective & efficient interface through the land acquisition process.
- Ensure that design progresses in unison with financial evaluation.
- Provide development advice and updates into the relevant business control documents i.e. Stacks, Planning Sign off Packs, Board Packs, Quarterly Reviews, Business Plans & other relevant business KPIs.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective communicator, motivator and mentor
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below