Estimator (Cost Planner)
Application Reference Number: 0450
Location: Greenwich, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 17/09/2021
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Producing detailed cost plans at varying RIBA stages to inform the business of Build Costs at key gateways.
- This has predominately been done through external cost consultants in the past and the successful candidate will be part of the team looking to utilise the data contained within the 3D BIM model to produce cost plans "in-house" in future.
- The successful candidate would need to have some experience in working with BIM and or Cost X software.
- Attend Design Team meetings at each RIBA Stage to understand and manage risks and opportunities across the unreleased phases.
- Involvement in early tender enquiries for complex schemes and packages that would benefit from early supply chain engagement.
- Close collaboration working with a new Buyer to develop both roles and ensure any gaps in responsibility are identified and plugged.
- Assist and support of the wider pre-development and project teams as and when required.
- Production, review & regular updating or project risk & opportunity schedules.
- Feasibility Studies for new land opportunities based on benchmarked rates across the Group.
- Explain and report cost variances at regular intervals as design changes.
- Involvement in setting up governance documents for the process of creating and managing cost plans from inception of site to handover to project team.
- Assistance in collating and analysing recently procured packages within the business for inclusion within databases and dashboards & for use in future cost plans.
- Maintaining clear and accurate records of measures and rate selections for the project team to easily understand.
- Provide support to the project teams in order to understand the basis of the cost plan for detailed package reviews.
- Team player.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- Pragmatic with a common sense approach, demonstrating a sense of ownership at all times.
- Passion for corporate responsibility.
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Flexible and reliable with strong organisational skills.
- Strong communicator, comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below