Supply Chain Manager
Application Reference Number: 0449
Location: Greenwich, South East London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 17/09/2021
Job Purpose: To have oversight of all current Berkeley East Thames regional developments in progress on Process & Procedure Governance, Materials Planning/Buying, Cost Plans and Reporting.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Process & Procedure Governance
- To be involved with implementing a governance document to set out and work to a new set of Processes & Procedures. This will evolve over time and the successful candidate will need to adapt to these changes as directed.
Materials Planning / Buying
- Sourcing and developing relationships with key supply chain and new suppliers.
- Read & dissect drawings in order to understand a project.
- Preparing take-off schedules
- Preparing material enquiries for new projects
- Checking quotes comply with drawings, specificaitons, NHBC, warranty providers and statutory requirements.
- Working alongside Project and Land teams to explore options on key material choices.
- Being able to deal with changes in specification and construction methods / techniques on a project and liaison with the project team and supply chain to accommodation such changes.
- Negotiating best value with supply chain.
- Implementation of material supply rate database and regular updates.
- Development of trading agreements with existing supply chain and new suppliers on a business-wide basis.
- Producing detailed material order recommendations for Board Approval.
- Produce and issue detailed programme based purchase orders that consider logistic / delivery requirements.
- Engagement with peers from other Berkeley Regions to understand key material rates from
- Understanding development programmes to understand future requirements for key materials on a business wide basis.
- Development of a "Materials Only" Tender Event Schedule (TES) to consider all live schemes across the business along with key procurement dates.
- Implement and maintain relevant databases as required.
- Keeping detailed records and maintained well organised work schedules.
Cost Plans and Reporting
- Will need to be able to interpret detailed cost plans to understand the basis for material only budgets for future procurement
- To gain a broad understanding of material / labour splits within recently procured packages to inform budgets future phases and to include within material rates database.
- Benchmark all live procurement for key material rate analysis
- Provide analysis within visual aids (presentations, dashboards) in order to drive future decisions.
- Early engagement with BHET Interiors team and Concept Designs to better understand the cost impacts of intended finishes and using knowledge / contacts of supply chain in order to fine suitable alternative products within a tight deadline.
- Provide cost advice on materials to the estimating department for inclusion within cost plans.
- Prepare and maintain a materials only cost report to manage key material procurement across all live and unreleased phases
- Team player.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- Pragmatic with a common sense approach, demonstrating a sense of ownership at all times.
- Passion for corporate responsibility.
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Flexible and reliable with strong organisational skills.
- Strong communicator, comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below