Application Reference Number: 0431
Function: Head Office
Location: Battersea, London
Position Type: 15 month fixed term contract
Application End Date: 17/09/2021
Job Purpose: To facilitate the coordination of the People function through collaborating with other members of the team to provide a value-adding, continuously improving service to the business.
- Coordinate the HR function for at least one of the three payroll entities that fall within Berkeley St Edward, including but not limited to:
- Completing and processing required paperwork for new joiners and leavers (both permanent and temporary)
- Liaising with line managers regarding new-starter progress during probation
- Formalising contractual changes
- Monitoring and recording employee absence
- Maintaining current employee details across various systems
- Coordinating the completion of annual review letters
- Completing all other forms and letters as required
- Monitor the Employee Support inbox and respond to queries in a timely manne
- Take responsibility for both regular and ad-hoc reporting requirements including but not limited to:
- Weekly People report
- People section of the monthly board report
- Site headcount data for MPR reports
- Staff headcount, including joiners and leavers
- Employee turnover
- Workforce headcount for Health & Safety reporting
- Sickness/ absence
- Recruitment forecasting
- Maintain company-wide organograms on a regular basis to ensure they remain current.
- Take ownership of the Alpine Talent Management and Peakon systems through proactively gaining an understanding of its functions and driving required system improvements.
- Coordinate all processes relating to new and existing company vehicles through liaising with Group Payroll and our fleet management company. Such processes may include but are not limited to new orders, exchanges, reporting and vehicle sales.
- Coordinate the Personal Development Review (PDR) process and record completion stats.
- Collate and analyse data from PDR process and run through "high alert" individuals with the Head of People & Development.
- Assist with the coordination of Health & Wellbeing initiatives including being the point of contact for initiative providers (e.g. Bupa, Babylon, Perkbox, Peakon).
- Coordinate the payment of departmental invoices through providing Purchase Orders to suppliers and liaising with the Accounts Payable department.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by the team or wider business.
- Demonstrated experience working in an HR coordinator or advisor role, preferably within the construction or property development industry
- Degree qualified and/or CIPD accredited
- Advanced Excel skills
- SharePoint development experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders and customers
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Proactive, flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below