Customer Service Advisor
Application Reference Number: 0424
Function: Customer Service
Location: Battersea, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 06/08/2021
Job Purpose: To co-ordinate the Customer Service operation within an allocated geographical area, ensuring an efficient and responsive customer service through the 2 year warranty period and beyond in accordance with the commitments to exceptional service of Our Vision.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Man customer service calls during normal working hours of operation to provide customers with excellent service by responding in a timely fashion to any queries and defect issues raised through investigating and liaising with sub-contractors, Senior Co-ordinator, Customer Service Manager and Customer Service Operatives.
- Record and maintain all customer contact records and details of reported warranty defects, whether by telephone, letter, email, on site or through sub-contractors, on company's database. Also record all contact relevant to that customer and defect with contractor, sub-contractor, surveyors, insurance inspectors or internally. Once necessary works have been completed, update database.
- Provide follow up correspondence to each customer enquiry, confirming in writing the main points of discussion and the actions in-hand to resolve the reported defects or issues raised.
- Produce reports from database, including a weekly activity report as required for Head of Customer Service.
- Order any necessary materials and ensure delivery and availability on date booked for works.
- Facilitate information required for demonstration of the property to the customer.
- Update files with information relating to sites as back-up for recitification of warranty defects.
- Pro-active courtesy calls to customers on a regular basis.
- Follow up on customer feedback received via customer surveys in close co-operations with Head of Customer Service.
- Strive to achieve gains in "Customer Satisfaction" and "Recommend" ratings as reported by In-House Research during quartely presentations.
- Accountable for the service provided to dedicated customer base resulting from segmented operation i.e. ownership of specific sites.
- Carry out day to day office administration to drive the smooth running of the department.
- Provide operational cover for colleagues during absence.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a Customer Service role within the property industry
- Demonstrated focus on exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below