Commercial Asset Manager
Application Reference Number: 0417
Location: Battersea, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 17/09/2021
Job Purpose: Exciting and varied asset management and transactional role for a qualified surveyor (3+ years preferably) with prior leasing, investment and/or asset management experience. Opportunity to take ownership of a growing mixed-use portfolio of commercial assets (£200m+ AUM), working as part of a small team with a high degree of autonomy from the outset. The current commercial portfolio is evenly spread across 10 live schemes and 3 pipeline schemes in central London and the southeast of England.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Preparing and implementing asset strategies in order to drive best-value across the commercial portfolio through asset management, leasing and investment initiatives.
- Assisting with placemaking of award winning mixed-use schemes.
- Appraising new and existing schemes supported by market evidence and feeding into financial appraisals.
- Advising on design and specification of commercial assets through planning and detailed design phases.
- Working with leasing and investment agents to market units for let and for sale, including preparation of marketing material.
- Appraising any offers received on basis of placemaking benefits and by way of comparison to budget, and making recommendations to senior management.
- Negotiating and reviewing HoTs and instructing lawyers to draft new leases and other legal documents.
- Creating budgets for commercial components of live sites and continually monitoring these budgets in accordance with market movements and leasing/investment offers received.
- Numerical aptitude and understanding of principles of valuation of commercial property (experience running DCF and Development appraisals).
- Landlord & Tenant knowledge and experience to assist with reviewing HoTs, Leases and other legal documents.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written English, and the ability to write and prepare clear, high quality reports and presentations for senior management.
- MRICS, preferably with 3+ years post qualification experience in Leasing, Investment and/or Asset Management roles.
- Proactive, self-driven with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Keen to improve the project efficiency and performance
- Keen to learn and develop
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below