Application Reference Number: 0398
Location: Aldgate, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 06/08/2021
Job Purpose: To provide accurate reporting and management of company accounts through the application and development of technical knowledge, accompanied by the use of commercial acumen. Assisting the Senior Management Accountant to ensure that the month end forecasting is carried out with accuracy.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To assist with the production of month end profit and loss reports and balance sheet.
- To co-ordinate the production of the monthly Board packs.
- To prepare weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports - highlighting, investigating and reporting on variances.
- To forecast month end cash accurately and report to the SMA with comments on any movements in the month and large movements forecasted.
- Preparing WIP, Debtors and Creditors summary schedules.
- Reviewing debtors and bespoke reconciliations.
- Drafting the monthly accounts for review by the Senior Management Accountant/Head of Finance.
- To produce and review project cost reconciliations.
- To assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial and regulatory information for internal and external audit purposes.
- To ensure that invoices are raised correctly and credit control is undertaken on a monthly basis.
- To prepare VAT returns.
- Preparing tax reconciliations for appropriate accounts.
- To prepare the pre-development spend on sites to track against budgets.
- To undertake other projects and analysis on an ad hoc basis.
- Produce Heating Accounting and Void Accounting recs on a monthly basis to track and review with the Operations team.
- Understand all systems used within the Finance function in detail
- Able to carry out a month end close with minimal supervision
- IT literate, able to produce detailed reports for management
- Ability to challenge the norm, questioning procedures and ensuring good financial control within the department
- Develop commercial awareness
- Able to respond to ad hoc requests from SMA/HoF and FD with accurate and considered information, reflecting the required level of detail
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- IT literate, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- CIMA/ACCA studier
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below