Customer Service Manager
Application Reference Number: 0390
Function: Customer Service
Location: Taplow, Buckinghamshire
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 09/07/2021
Job Purpose: To meet purchasers to conduct both home demonstration and handover appointments of the new home. Provide a high level of customer service to purchasers during the two-year warranty period by attending appointments within their home to address any issues or queries.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Complete a quality checking process on our finished properties to ensure the fixtures and fittings are in working order and that the finish meets the required Company standard.
- To conduct a new home demonstration with our purchasers prior to legal completion to show how the fixtures and fittings work within the new home.
- Perform a handover procedure with the purchaser at the time of legal completion, taking meter readings and presenting them with their Living Guide and keys.
- After legal completion, attend appointments as necessary within purchasers' homes to help resolve any warranty issues and queries.
- Efficiently manage and prioritise customer issues and provide reliable information when answering customer queries. Manage customers' expectations in respect of achievable timescales for remedial works to be completed.
- Monitor and manage reported defects to ensure that they are resolved satisfactorily in the timescales set.
- Build relationships with approved sub-contractors so that advice can be gained when required and reported defects can be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Work closely with Service Engineers to manage the booking of remedial works in occupied homes and assist the Customer Service Coordinators in prioritising workload.
- Work closely with the Customer Service Operations Manager, Customer Service Department Manager and Head of Customer Services to provide support as required.
- Liaise with Sales, Site Manager and Construction Managers regarding customer queries to maintain consistency, reliability and efficiency of communications to the customer.
- Strive to achieve gains in the Customer Satisfaction Survey results, as reported by In-house Research on a monthly basis.
- Provide feedback to the Head of Customer Services on specification or recurring issues in order that relevant information can be fed back to the management team to improve on future use of products or service provided.
- Form a relationship with representatives from Housing Associations we work with to conduct handover procedures for their properties and to attend the end of defects inspections when their one-year warranty expires.
- Represent the Company at property inspections with the warranty insurances provides (i.e. NHBC/Premier), when an issue has been raised during the ten year structural warranty period.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Sales and Build teams to cover the management of outstanding defects and upcoming completions.
- Attend department meetings as required.
- Provide operational cover as required for colleagues during leave, sickness or training.
- Any other Ad Hoc Duties.
- Customer Service background essential. Previous experience working in the construction and property industry or having worked with overseas customers is beneficial.
- Customer Focused
- Strong communication & Collaborative skills
- Ability to Influence
- Flexible and Reliable
- Attention to detail
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below