Application Reference Number: 0365
Function: Land & Planning
Location: Hackney, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 09/07/2021
Job Purpose: The role is to work with the existing Development Manager and Senior Development Manager to help bring forward a large 5,500 homes estate regeneration in North London. The role will cover all aspects of regeneration, including: managing the submission of planning applications to achieve commercially viable consents, extensive stake holder and community engagement, assisting the Council with the delivery of vacant possession by supporting any necessary CPOs, managing budgets, and appointing consultant teams.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintain positive relationships with the local authority, RSL and local Stakeholders as necessary to ensure co-operation to meet the wider delivery objectives;
- Deliver vacant possession of all development sites in conjunction with the Local Authority and independent valuer to meet the pre-agreed delivery timetable;
- Understanding of CPO procedure.
- Delivering the requisite planning consents through Local Authority liaison and stakeholder engagement and management of the consultant team;
- Brief, appoint and manage all consultant teams to deliver the optimum solution for delivery;
- Negotiating s106 agreements.
- Monitor and instruct S106 payments and non-financial submissions;
- Liaison with Technical Team and monitor discharge of conditions;
- Provide planning advice and support for the wider Project Team;
- Assist in the delivery and disposal of all non-residential aspects of the project;
- Liaison with NEL Marketing Team including award submissions and community days;
- Liaison with sustainability colleagues re;
- Liaison with Berkeley Group on external projects (e.g. Social Sustainability Assessment) as and when appropriate;
- Keep the Regeneration Partners appraised of the construction events that impact residents.
- Support all third party engagement on all pre-production issues;
- Monitor any LDF/ wider Planning updates in Hackney and collate responses from other boroughs, reporting back to Group on a monthly basis
- Other third party property matters (e.g. Rights of Light).
- MRTPI or MRICS or Qualified.
- 1-2 years post qualification experience.
- Client side experience is preferable but not essential.
- Residential development experience is preferable.
- Good understanding of the planning system, process and policies.
- Good communication skills.
- IT skills including memo writing and use and understanding of excel financial models.
- Team player.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- Pragmatic with a common sense approach, demonstrating a sense of ownership at all times.
- Passion for corporate responsibility.
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Flexible and reliable with strong organisational skills.
- Strong communicator, comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below