Application Reference Number: 0339
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 28/05/2021
Job Purpose: A diligent and methodical Document Controller to effectively manage the initial set-up and ongoing operation of the document control systems and processes for the development.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Take the lead setting up the web-based document control system (Asite) and ensure all protocols & procedures are accurately set out and being adhered to by all stakeholders, both internal & external.
- Effectively administer and manage the document control system - uploading and downloading drawings, distributing controlled copies of information, scanning and uploading received hard copy documents, maintaining up to date drawing files and registers, collating and issuing of drawings and tender packages.
- Maintain the system to the highest possible standard ensuring all documents are up to date, and all revisions have been filed/named correctly.
- Ensure all external consultants are adhering to the standards that have been set, and confidently request changes be made if such standards are not met.
- Show strong initiative by identifying and dealing with potential issues before they arise where possible.
- Manage the set-up of internal and external users of the document control system, provide system training where required, and effectively deal with user queries and issues.
- Produce reports for Technical team and Senior Document Controller on a regular basis to show the time being taken to respond to queries and RFIs.
- Ideally, minimum 3-4 years construction-based document control experience
- Advanced proficiency with Asite document control system
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft suite
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, self-motivated, and able to work on own initiative
- Confident and eager to learn
- Strong customer service focus and a willingness to assist others
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below