Application Reference Number: 0327
Location: Southwark, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 28/05/2021
Job Purpose: To manage all technical information on projects from inception to completion. Ensure all information is accessible to the Production team and other departments throughout life time of project.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Brief, appoint, manage and drive the external design consultants in the preparation of the production information to an agreed programme.
- Ensure all project design information is procured in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the Tender Event Schedule and Construction Programme.
- Prepare development specifications ensuring at all times that they are in line with budget and sales requirements.
- Ensure all drawings are fully checked and co-ordinated and are in accordance with Berkeley Standard details and design guidelines.
- Prepare and monitor design development programme.
- Oversee (NHBC / Premier Guarantee) Warranty / building control applications.
- Ensure that production drawings are in accordance with the consented planning drawings and the marketing collateral produced
- Monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the commercial department to ensure tight cost control and information produced is in line with cost plan.
- Monitor and control professional fees and feed into the cost report with commercial team.
- Assess, monitor & control claims for additional work outside of agreed consultant scopes and control additional fees. Either supplementary agreements or NIPS will be authorised ahead of work being produced.
- Oversee the preparation of brochure plans, conveyance plans and any other sales and marketing collateral material as required.
- Ensure that all aspects of health and safety are considered during the detailed design process. Health and Safety to be discussed and recorded at all Design Team Meetings.
- Chair and minute Design Team meetings.
- Attend and present a Technical Report at Production Meetings.
- Attend Site Progress meetings and carry out site inspections as and when required.
- Ensure liaison and co-ordination between other parties both internal and external.
- Attend subcontractor interviews.
- Respond to site queries and resolve technical / construction issues.
- Research and develop new design solutions and products for utilization within projects.
- Liaise with statutory bodies and other third parties to obtain necessary approvals.
- Assist the land / planning department in the investigation and acquisition of development sites preparing necessary technical reports.
- Ensure all party wall awards are in place to meet the requirements of the development programme.
- Produce first draft of the Site Waste Management Plan and ensuring waste elimination and reduction through design and specification.
- Complete the Project Specific Sustainability Plan ensuring at all times that the items identified are encompassed within the detailed design process and that all such issues are discussed and recorded at all Design Team Meetings.
- Develop and monitor the Strategic Risk Register
- Provide information to secure the discharge of planning conditions to the Planning Team. Liaise with the Land & Planning team to ensure that work is prioritised and tracked
- Work closely with the commercial and build teams maintaining the close collaborative team spirit already in place
- Ideally 5+ years' experience working with residential planning, Building Regulations and NHBC.
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations, detailing and construction methods.
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below