Senior Quantity Surveyor
Application Reference Number: 0326
Location: Sevenoaks, Kent
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 30/04/2021
Job Purpose: Responsible for the commercial function on specific project(s) from commencement budget through to the delivery and completion of scheme and completion of Final Accounts.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Determination of budget for approval in cooperation with their peers
- Assist estimator in preparation of a Commencement Budget and to advise on known and perceived risk factors to the project.
- Liaison with the technical team and consultants so as to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs.
- Reviewing and ensuring cost control procedures are implemented and adhered to by the project team.
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering.
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements, H&S, QA and sustainability objectives.
- Liaise with the Material Buyers to enable them to prepare detailed schedules of directly purchased materials in liaison with the development team.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works in conjunction with the project team.
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Subcontract tendering
- Recommendation of subcontractors on "Level Playing Field" ensuring complete scope of works is covered and all qualifications addressed
- Holding and taking minutes of Subcontract Post-Tender and Pre-Order Meetings
- Preparation and presentation of Package Recommendations for approval
- Preparing subcontract documentation for signing by both parties in accordance with BH's Call Off Contract procedure
- Sending agreed number of copies of all Contract Drawings and any revised drawings as issued to subcontractors
- Forecasting value of design variations
- Agreeing variations with subcontractor
- Countersigning site instructions
- Producing subcontractor instruction/variation reports
- Manage Subcontract packages
- Monthly Subcontract payments
- Complete Subcontract Final Account promptly at the earliest opportunity
- Deal with Subcontractor disputes swiftly and diligently
- Maintain cost reporting systems in line with Company procedures
- Experience within a developer or main contractor undertaking residential schemes
- Site based experience
- Relevant educational background in quantity surveying or relevant subject
- Professional qualification
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below