Application Reference Number: 0325
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 30/04/2021
Job Purpose: Responsible for managing a team of site personnel to construct a development safely, to the highest quality standards and to deliver to the agreed build programme.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage the Development in accordance with Berkeley Homes best practices including managing services, staff development, achieving build programme, occupation strategy and managing subcontractor resources.
- Review the build programmes with site teams to ensure that all the homes are on target with the build programme.
- Responsible for ensuring that any work is carried out to the highest standards and in line with the appropriate guidelines. Monitor/check that work is being accurately evidenced/recorded on Fieldview by site staff and that you are signing off the appropriate 'Hold Points'.
- Report on a weekly basis to the Building Manager/Construction Director any concerns with build programme slippage, staff issues, sub-contractors labour shortage or the quality of work being achieved.
- Attend Strategy Meetings as required. Provide agenda items and input/feedback for the meetings to help support the Construction Director and to address any concerns or issues on the development.
- Attend CS/Sales/Build regular meetings to ensure good communication between all departments.
- Follow the Health & Safety guidelines on site, take a proactive approach to ensure a safe culture is being adopted at all times. Aim to reduce the number of issues reported at the weekly Director Tours and Regional Tours. Ensure any H&S issues are dealt with in the appropriate way and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all the homes are completed on the agreed build completion dates and that they are at the required standards ready for the Quality/commissioning process.
- Motivate the team to achieve over 70% Net Promoter Score and 90% or above on the 'Ready' and 'Clean' questions on the IHR surveys.
- Conduct staff annual reviews in both February and September, monitor that your team are meeting their objectives and provide structured feedback regularly on their performance or learning needs.
- Ensure the site is always well presented and meets the Berkeley Homes sales/marketing and customer journey standards.
- With new developments or Phases, you should provide assistance in the planning stages (site/compound set up/marketing suite/showhomes/material storage). Review information to familiarise yourself on the whole project and to have input on the 'Prelim' Build programme and construction order so adjustments can be made at an early stage and occupation strategy considered.
- Monitor PCO cut off dates against build programme.
- Attend weekly demo/handover meeting with CS and finishing manager.
- Act as the main point of contact for CS to assist with customer journey and defects management.
- Review schedule of extra payments investigating any trends and potential issues on site.
- Housing Association - Prepare Developers Report and attend frequent development meetings. Monitor closely build programme and agree snagging and handover process.
- Sustainability management and achieving above target on CCS.
- Managing hired plant and labour budgets.
- Temporary works are being managed effectively by TWC / TWS.
- Responsibility for CDM paperwork (Risk Register / traffic plan etc).
- Host weekly subcontractor meetings to review programmes with site team.
- Host weekly meetings with site teams including issuing minutes.
- Ensure accurate material stock takes are carried out in a timely manner with information provided to buying department on a monthly basis.
- Organise induction rota to cover all levels of management.
- Manage holiday cover and staff absence to ensure handover notes are issued to the relevant staff.
- Ensure site presentation is maintained for whole site at all times.
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below