Application Reference Number: 0317
Function: Land and Planning
Location: Fulham, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 07/05/2021
Job Purpose: To assist the Land Director in the day to day running of a project as well as involvement in appraising new development opportunities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide support & assistance to Land in preparation of early feasibility studies & concept design.
- Participate in selection of & manage in instruction, briefing and co-ordination of relevant consultants.
- Provide planning appraisals/risk assessments for initial development proposals.
- Manage strategic opportunities to optimise the value of individual projects.
- Ensure planning process is strategically managed with clarity and purpose.
- Prepare and execute appointments & fees with relevant professional consultants.
- Manage design development of high quality through concept/feasibility/outline/ scheme design work stages.
- Manage the preparation of, comment upon & submission of planning material.
- Monitor, negotiate & advance planning applications, reporting progress regularly.
- Manage production of all presentation including material for committee consideration & early marketing.
- Attend & ensure the company is represented at pre-application, post consultation & committee meetings with Local Authorities.
- Devise & implement strategies for enhancing third party/neighbour/community relationships.
- Attend & make presentations to local residents' meetings & respond to ongoing queries & complaints.
- Negotiate S106 Agreements.
- Ensure that all planning commitments, obligations, agreements & conditions are satisfied & approvals secured at earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that all Berkeley Group KPI ie Sustainability/ Building for Life commitments are achieved and communicated as required.
- Seek & negotiate any necessary planning amendments, variations or additional consents deriving from changes.
- Own, monitor & discharge all business schedules for applications, conditions & S106 obligations.
- Own, regularly update and report on planning programmes and associated risk assessment.
- Manage the integration of affordable housing strategy into emerging developments including the preparation of viability information.
- Negotiate affordable housing content of proposed developments.
- Participate in the selection of preferred RP's & assist in negotiation & completion of Development Agreements, Specifications and Leases.
- Co-ordinate internal departments - technical, commercial, production, Health & Safety, Sales, Finance to ensure effective & efficient interface between other departments and to ensure that the scheme evolves from concept to a more detailed design that the company wants and can build.
- Ensure that the design progresses in unison with the financial evaluation.
- Provide development advice and updates into the relevant business control documents i.e. Stacks, Planning Sign off Packs, Board Packs, Quarterly Reviews , Business Plans & other relevant business KPIs
- MRTPI, MRICS or RIBA Qualified
- At least 5 years post qualified experience
- Client side experience essential including residential and mixed use
- Exemplar IT skills including memo writing and use and understanding of excel financial models
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below