Interior Architectural Design Manager
Application Reference Number: 0277
Location: Battersea, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 01/03/2021
Job Purpose: To provide and develop the Interior Architectural design management service, providing an efficient service across Berkeley Homes St Edward developments for off plan sales and main scheme delivery in a detailed and creative form whilst facilitating the wider Design Departments requirements.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Scheme optimisation from planning to sales and production
- Collaborate with in house teams to develop innovative schemes, adhering to company standards, brand and industry guidelines
- Assist in the appointing and managing external design consultants to get the best possible result out of the design deliverables
- Constructively review and challenge consultant design proposals and specifications, offering design solutions to ensure the final proposals are innovative, of an exceptional quality, commercially feasible and buildable
- Collaborate with project teams throughout the design process to provide clear and concise design information, monitoring design development to ensure the concept integrity is maintained
- Produce presentation documents for presentation to the Management Team and the BSE Board
- Preparation of presentation material for Berkeley Group as and when required.
- Ensure the Design Director/ Head of Design are appraised of all current projects.
- Co-ordinate with Land, Planning, Technical, Production and S&M departments throughout the development process.
- Monitor and track constantly all production information and report any variances thereto.
- Lead, manage and motivate in house architectural assistants and co-ordinators.
- Ensure standards and specifications are met
- Ensure adherence is met to the design brief / scope through the optimisation and approval process
- Programme and manage design deliverables for the production of marketing brochures
- Co-ordinate change control and ensure changes are accounted for and authorised in accordance with Berkeley St Edward sign off processes
Post planning / Pre-start, Design & Sales
- Optimise planning schemes where required and action through appropriate Berkeley St Edward approval process
- Design and develop optimisation schemes to include spatial planning and furniture arrangements
- Design and development of optimisation and design concepts for apartments, houses, leisure facilities, sales and marketing suites and show homes
- Provide information for the production of detailed drawings and specifications to support the interior design concept, including layouts, RCPs, kitchens, bathrooms and joinery details to inform architectural packages
- Review finalised base build technical specifications to feed into development specification
- Provide joinery design details and ensure a comprehensive brief is provided to contractors including details on fitting, junctions and finishes
- Sign off for design shop fit drawings ensuring design, detailing of the materials and junctions are as per design concepts and fully understood.
- Produce / provide the project teams with key interior design drawings to coordinate with design detailing and / also FF&E layouts in conjunction with the Interior Design Managers within the Design Team
- Develop coordinated floor plans for sales brochure
- Assist marketing team to produce relevant information for sales brochure production including sales plans, CGI's etc.
- Preparation and co-ordination of brochure plans, conveyance plans and sales area drawings, models, CGI's etc in conjunction with appointed consultants.
- Assist marketing team and facilitate with the production of the sales model.
- Assist marketing with the production of design collateral such as sample boards, customer choices.
- Assist in the preparation of marketing Project Occupation Plans.
- Review finalised technical sales specification for brochure production
Design & Production
- Produce design concept and detailed design packages to include joinery packages, in conjunction with Interior Design Mangers within the Design Team
- Develop and ensure co-ordination of interior design concepts has applied within production drawing information in conjunction with production team.
- Attendance, co-ordination and management of design workshops amongst production and design team.
- Action; in conjunction with development team, all optimisation layout exercises where required
- Continually develop and enhance product through life cycle of development particularly on multi-phased schemes.
- Respond to site queries and resolve planning/technical and construction problems.
- Development of the production information for common parts, any on site facilities, concierge etc
- Assist in seeking customer feedback on the product and design.
- Produce Customer Choices Forms and Customer Choices Matrix for unit types
- Assist CRM in facilitating customer changes and communication with production team.
- Produce Kitchen drawings and ensure design intent is co-ordinated with production teams in conjunction with Interiors
- Produce Bathroom drawings and ensure design intent is co-ordinated with production teams in conjunction with Interior Design Managers within the Design Team
- Around 5 years' experience in residential Interior Architecture (either with a Develper or with an Interior Architectural Design consultancy / practice with Property Developer clients)
- Advanced proficientcy in CAD (Vectorworks or AutoCAD) / Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, etc.), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Hand sketching capabilities in both 2D and 3D
- Current understanding of legislation and proposed changes to Build Regulations, NHBC legislation etc and understands principles of construction from design and technical management perspective.
- Proven creative and administrative skill set
- Proven ability to think creatively and provide creative design solutions
- Attention to detail focused
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below