Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Application Reference Number: 0274
Location: Kidbrooke, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 01/03/2021
Job Purposed: The role is Pre-Development based and therefore works to other schemes in a similar locations will become necessary as potential land opportunities are identified. As the role will cover work to various schemes, travelling to different offices will be required.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Procurement & Management
- Early engagement with supply chain on key shell & core packages in order to provide feedback to Planning Design team to inform on opportunities through early design.
- Review of alternative construction methods to understand early design constraints, risks & opportunities.
- Involvement with supply chain in early packages based on available planning information such as Brick & Window supply.
- Discuss future schemes with specialist subcontractors throughout the planning process, in order to maintain a good working relationship.
- Attend Design Team Meetings, review of RIBA Stage 1 to 3 information and provide input on specification as part of the Value Engineering process.
- Meet specialist consultants at early stages in design process to establish any value engineering opportunities that can be incorporated into the early design.
- Liaising with the project commercial teams to understand scope gaps & lessons learnt in order to capture within future cost plans.
- Complete overall Project Benchmark comparison exercises and square foot analysis.
- Propose workable and realistic solutions to obstacles / complications that become apparent on the project across various disciplines.
Cost Plans and Reporting
- Assist in producing a consolidated Cost Plan / BOQ from the initial Budget to allocate trade budgets.
- Involvement with measurement of early design information for compiling Initial Viability of schemes.
- Establish early relationship with BIM consultants in order to create a workable BoQ for the purpose of future cost plans that can be created "in house" and remove the need for external cost consultant in the future.
- Analyse Benchmark information from comparable schemes in order to understand cost variables between different schemes.
- Help maintain the overall Benchmark Database which is currently being developed.
- Produce monthly commercial dashboards for current live schemes as and when they are being updated.
- Complete cost exercises as required in order to understand and inform future design decisions.
- Liaise with other regions in order to understand differences in approach on a regional basis to further support cost plans.
- Establish Benchmark Tool for all pre-release schemes for the business.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective motivator
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below