Learning & Development Advisor
Application Reference Number: 0256
Function: Head Office
Location: Woolwich, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 19/02/2021
Job Purposed: To be responsible for delivering the Group Our People objectives within Berkeley East Thames and Berkeley Modular businesses. The primary focus of the role will initially be to manage and evolve the Learning & Development (L&D) programme within Berkeley East Thames providing limited support to the Berkeley modular business. Over time it is envisaged the role will drive evolution of wider Our People policies and development and take increased ownership for HR matters.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Training & Development
- Take a lead role in embedding a culture of continuous learning through developing, delivering and promoting a structured learning curriculum to meet individual, team and business requirements.
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and provide advice and guidance about a range of L&D solutions to support the delivery of personal, departmental and business objectives.
- Proactively manage the approval, booking and evaluation of all training.
Ensure a robust tender process is followed when engaging with training providers to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost-effective training for the business.
- Produce high-quality training materials/ collateral where required.
- Regularly undertake evaluations, surveys and audits to assess BHET's learning programmes, recommending improvements to courses and/or changes to the curriculum as appropriate.
- Support the identification of talented and/or high-potential employees and Set up a BHET Development Programme (MDP) alongside the existing management training programme.
- Produce L&D reports on a monthly basis to show the uptake of training and spend by department and site.
- Provide purchase orders (POs) for all training via the nominated PO system and work with Accounts Payable to ensure the payment of invoices.
- Collaborate with the Berkeley Group Talent Management team to facilitate their professional accreditation programme and provide advice and support BSE employees engaged in training.
- Promote and support the use of apprentice levy funded training within the business
- Ensure 100% H&S training compliance
- Liaise with the Berkeley Group Health & Safety Training team to ensure training requests made via the Group Learning Management System (LMS) have been appropriately authorised and provide purchase orders as required.
- Coordinate the Line Manager Training Programme
- Manage relationship with CITB and other grant funding external stakeholders.
Personal Development Reviews (PDRs)
- Manage and provide information, advice and guidance on the PDR process and subsequent training/ development options.
- Ensure that the PDR process is adequate in identifying learning needs, carrying out reviews and revisions to the process as appropriate and delivering training to staff and managers
- Work with the Office and Marketing teams to deliver a high quality induction programme, and make changes and improvements as required to ensure the best possible introduction for new-starters into the business.
- Manage the employee benefits, including but not limited to Bupa, Reward Builder, Yammer access.
- Work with the Berkeley Group Talent Management team to facilitate the Graduate recruitment process as required.
- Coordinate Graduate rotations and work with each department to develop and implement a learning curriculum for them to complete during the rotations.
- Consider implementing the Building Futures scheme used in some other Divisions
- Be responsible for coordinating and developing BHET actions to deliver Group Our People strategy including driving improved diversity, health and wellbeing and mental health awareness.
- Work closely with FD and Divisional FD on wider HR matters taking increased ownership over time.
- Payroll and Build apprenticeships will be kept separately and there will some support from the FDs PA
- CIPD Level 3 qualified as a minimum.
- Must have experience working in a similar role, having successfully delivered L&D outcomes comparable to those outlined above.
- Construction industry experience desirable but not essential
- Exceptionally organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Passion for corporate responsibility
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below