Application Reference Number: 0254
Location: Sevenoaks, Kent
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 16/02/2021
Job Purposed: Reporting to the Head of Health and Safety (H&S), the Sustainability Advisor will support the BHEC Head of H&S and the Construction Director in their activities. This will include the development and implementation of Divisional strategy, standards and procedures, and supporting and advising the Berkeley Homes Eastern Counties (BHEC) operations (construction projects, marketing suites, customer service activities and offices) within the south east of England on all aspects of sustainability and environmental management. The Sustainability Advisor will work closely with the H&S Manager and project teams.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Be familiar with current environmental legislation, codes of practice and Berkeley Group procedures, to ensure that all projects and offices maintain compliance with both legal duties and the requirements of the Berkeley Group Sustainability Management System;
- Provide advice and support and be actively involved in the planning of future works/ developments to ensure BHEC fulfils its Sustainability and "Our Vision" related obligations where acting as Client and/ or Principal Contractor on all developments;
- Provide regular Sustainability and "Our Vision" training to all members of staff;
- Ensure that all sustainability data required for monthly reporting and quarterly KPI submissions (i.e. meter readings, monthly usages, waste volumes, recycling rates, workforce analysis) is collected, analysed and reported to the divisional board and group;
- Champion "Our Vision" within the division and support the BHEC Management Team in ensuring all commitments are met;
- Assist in the implemention of the Social Sustainability Toolkit on all developments.
- Support the Development to ensure that Planning Application information (i.e. CEMP, Social Sustainability and Information for Consultants) is suitably developed and submitted;8. Assist the Technical team with Code/ BREEAM requirements in the design, and the collection of evidence;
- Assist in the due diligence process of letting works packages, including the review of contractors/ consultants competence before packages are let and, where necessary, attending post tender and pre-start meetings;
- Visit all BHEC projects, marketing suites and office on a frequent basis to support and advise the site based teams in order to ensure that the highest environmental and sustainability standards are achieved and maintained. Review project sustainability documentation and procedures for adequacy;
- Communicate with sub-contractors and advise them on their environmental performance on site, rather than just Berkeley performance;
- Conduct formal Sustainability inspections at all projects and Head Office in line with the business objectives;
- Ensure each project carries out the actions recommended in Sustainability inspection reports;
- Ensure that environmental incidents and near misses are recorded, reported and investigated in order for corrective and preventative action to be identified and implemented;
- Assist with the timely and effective distribution of Sustainability communications;
- Manage contact with Enforcement Agencies (EA, EHO, etc) where required;
- Promote to contractors the Job Creation Programme and Apprenticeships and co-ordinate the divisional "Building Futures" apprentice programme;
- Actively contribute as part of the Group Sustainability Committee to influence sustainability initiatives and discuss progress on "Our Vision".
- Assist with any other sustainability and environmental matter as may be appropriate.
- Good knowledge of construction related environmental issues
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Good communicator
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- IT literate, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Clean and valid driving licence
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below