Senior Project Planner
Application Reference Number: 0251
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 16/02/2021
- Oversee preparation and review of planning and Programming function across Projects from feasibility stage, through to on site delivery, using Asta software, and be able to demonstrate same, in way of plans, programmes, tables and report.
- Produce independent progress reporting, and support Project teams as necessary, to ensure efficiencies are in place wherever appropriate•Maintain current knowledge to innovate, recommend, develop and implement alternative solutions, and undertake research to support decision making.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging developments, trends and applicable current legislative requirements affecting all aspects of planning, ensure processes reflect best practice industry standards and are in compliance with applicable legislation, and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal departmental disciplines, and provide mentoring and coaching to ensure that team members are adequately resourced to perform
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a project planning and/or construction related discipline would be a bonus, combined with advanced and demonstrable knowledge and extensive experience across multiple roles.
- Expert knowledge, understanding and experience of planning, scheduling, procurement, reporting and construction and property industries.
- Strong problem solving, planning, organising and analytical skills with the ability to guide and coach others in the resolution of complex problems and manage competing priorities.
- Wide knowledge and understanding of building techniques, sequence, and frame solutions, to include RC; Pre-cast; Steel; Timber; Modular; Traditional housebuilding.
- An understanding and appreciation of the various cost differentials between different building solutions, such as varying façade solutions etc
- Produce and update timeslice pictorials showing various phases of information, planned progress etc
- Prepare hook time analysis, to ensure the most efficient lifting strategies are being proposed and/or implemented.
- Prepare and review labour level histograms, and liaise with the supply chain as necessary to ensure appropriate levels are resource are available, and employed to carry out relevant trade activities.
- Assist with pre-construction phase teams, and review, input into Prelim cost plans etc
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships, and communicate at all levels.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective communicator, motivator and mentor
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below