Application Reference Number: 0242
Location: Imperial Wharf
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 16/02/2021
Job Purposed: Excellent introductory financial role to a busy Finance team. This role would suit someone who has already had a financial role with a Managing Agent and has started, or is looking to start, their progression through a professional qualification, such as ACCA or CIMA.The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years' experience in a financial role with a Managing Agent and will be looking to take their career to the next level with St George. Ideally the candidate will be looking to continue their studies for a professional qualification, which will be supported within the companies study support scheme.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for supporting the Senior Estate Accountant in a number of areas, including:
- Managing all financial aspects of managing our completed developments including, service charge accounts, estimates, credit control and handovers for twenty live developments across London with a handful more in the pipeline
- Project manage - Co-ordination with Managing Agents and External Accountants regarding the production of service charge accounts, half-yearly accounts, service charge estimates and monthly reporting, delivering to strict deadlines
- Prepare financial estate management reports for the monthly senior management meetings
- Management of KPI's to monitor progress in financial areas controlled by managing agents
- Monitor service charge collection (c £60m) to ensure timely collection.
- Review Legal Consent Forms in the event of late payment of service charge arrears
- Provide support in regular meetings with managing agents to review financial and non-financial estate matter
- Monitor and control development balances working capital levels
- Managing voids liabilities and checking for accuracy of the calculations
- Assist in the creation and review of budgets for new developments/phases
- Introducing new procedures to improve financial performance of managing agents
- Reviewing the cyclical maintenance costing and CAPEX plans for repair and replacement to appraise the adequacy of reserve fund and collection
- Benchmarking managing agents, providing feedback to management
- External auditor tenders, deciding on types of engagement, negotiation of fees
- Involvement/supporting in CHP set up and billing
- Maintaining good relationships with managing agents
- Liaising with a number of St George Estate Managers on operational and financial matters
- Degree level, but not essential
- Studying CIMA/ACCA qualification, but not essential
- Preferably from Managing Agent background
- Experience in financial property management / service charge is essential
- Proactive approach and able to adapt to the evolving requirements of the role.
- Professional in approach and a strong communicator.
- Able to communicate credibly and effectively to non-financial professionals, internally and externally.
- Able to get things done through influencing the wider team including non-direct reports.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to balance and deliver against varied workloads and tight deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Desire to be an integral part of St George
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below