Senior Site Manager
Application Reference Number: 0235
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 06/02/2021
Job Purposed: Responsible for managing a Block or Phase on a development.
To Co-ordinate and manage site staff and the sub-contractors to achieve the required quality standards and to deliver on programme.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage the Block or Phase progress closely by working with the Site Managers/Finishing Managers and subcontractors. Initial work will be managing the brickwork and external envelope to concrete frame buildings.
- Conduct site inductions with subcontractors when necessary. Assist the subcontractors by providing information/drawings/standard details and advice as required.
- Attend 'Pre-start' meetings with sub-contractors as required. Assist the subcontractors by providing information/drawing/standard details and advice as required.
- Review the build programmes daily/weekly with Site Manager/Assistant Site Manager/Finishing Manager to ensure that all the homes are on target with the main build programme dates set.
- Responsible for ensuring that any work is carried out to the highest standards and in line with the appropriate guidelines. Work must be accurately evidenced/recorded on Quality Management System with each sub-contractor and the appropriate 'Hold Points' must be monitored and signed off.
- Highlight to the Project Director any concerns with build programme slippage, for example staff issues, sub-contractors labour shortage or the quality of work being achieved
- Ensure that Berkeley Homes best practices are adopted with the appropriate protection/signage being used to ensure materials, fixtures and fittings, are being respected at all times. Regularly walk the homes/block to check behaviours and educate the sub-contractors as required if procedures are not being followed.
- Attend meetings to check progress on all aspects as required (Tech/H&S/Commercial/Buying).
- Follow the Health & Safety guidelines on site, take a proactive approach to ensure a safe culture is being adopted.at all times.
- Ensure that all the homes are completed on the agreed build completion dates and that they are at the required standards ready for the Quality/commissioning process to start.
- Motivate the team to achieve over 70% Net Promoter Score and 90% or above on the 'Ready' and 'Clean' questions on the IHR surveys.
- Ensure the site is always well presented and meets the Berkeley Homes sales/marketing and customer journey standards.
- Instruct and record any day works including possible contra charge. Consider whether photographic evidence is necessary.
- To understand and complete the BHOC Quality Management System at the required stages including ensure Project Director is aware of hold points in advance and any potential issues. Check Fieldview is used at all required stages and monitor contractor performance on Fieldview.
- To manage and develop site teams and provide support to Project Director.
Ensure site presentation is maintained for whole site at all times.
- Previous experience working in the construction and property industry is essential.
- Leadership Skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Developing others
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below