Application Reference Number: 0217
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Location: Send, Woking, Surrey. Must be able to Drive and Have Own Car. No Public Transport
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 05/02/2021
Job Purposed: Berkeley Group IT (BGIT) provides a wide range of BAU (Business as Usual) and project services to approximately 3,000 colleagues across The Berkeley Group.
Our vision is to be the Group's technology partner of choice, delivering excellent service to a world class business.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Management and execution across Functional & End to End Testing, Regression Testing (Functional), Performance Testing, Security Testing, Accessibility testing
- Production and maintenance of test cases/scripts
- Management and co-ordination of testing responsibilities during the release process across DEV/UAT/LIVE
- Help to build and maintain the automation test suite
- Manual testing for functional and non-functional tests (both ticket and regression testing)
- Exploratory testing on different environments and platforms
- Ensures system testing is fully documented before release
- Identify and document defects when performing test execution and work with the development team to resolve these
- Identify test tools, frameworks and, test harnesses needed to ensure successful testing of deliverables within specified timescales
- Functional and end-to-end testing across browsers/devices using tools such as Browserstack, Fiddler, Postman
- Automation testing using tools such as SpecFlow, Selenium Webdriver, Visual Studio, NUnit
- Performance testing using tools such as JMeter
- Security and Accessibility testing
- Use of Azure DevOps suite
- Use of SQL, GIT, Bitbucket, other source/version control tools
- Familiar with Agile work environment (Kanban or Scrum) and related ceremonies
- Utilising workloads tools such as JIRA, TestRail
- Experience of collaborative working in a development environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate in continual development of test methods, tools and techniques
- Ability to teach and motivate others within the team
- Ability to prioritise and (re)organise workload and deliverables.
- A good understanding of the overall web development process
- Understand of testing automation and the role it can play within the development process
- Knowledge of different devices and the impact these have on testing scenarios
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Collaborative, works well within a team
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for delivering quality
- Ability to solve complex software issues
- Self-motivated, a keen learner, open to learn new technologies
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below