Senior Quantity Surveyor
Application Reference Number: 0206
Location: Ealing, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 05/02/2021
Job Purposed: Working as part of a team you will be responsible for elements of The Green Quarter redevelopment scheme with full responsibility for the Commercial and Surveying function of the Phase 3 works from procurement through to final account. You will assist the Commercial Manager with the development of various strategic commercial functions and provide commercial advice and support to other parts of the Berkeley West Thames development team.The role provides an opportunity to an up and coming surveyor to oversee and manage a high value and diverse range of construction packages with further opportunity to increase their involvement within The Green Quarter and Berkeley West Thames team
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The Senior Surveyor will be responsible for the following:
- Phase 3 Residential scheme (645 units)
- Procurement of any enabling works, sub structures, superstructures & finishes packages in line with the cost plan and programme.
- Management of the Commercial team designated to Phase 3, assisting and coaching where required, taking ownership of their performance.
- Management and full responsibility for subcontract works, financial reporting and monthly valuation and payment processes.
- Carry out scope reviews, gap analysis and undertake and lead monthly review of risks and opportunities for the scheme.
- Liaison with Architects and consultants so as to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals, and ensure design development of the scheme remains within the parameters of the cost plan.
- Management of design team deliverables to ensure adequate information flow in line with programme requirements
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs.
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design of the project in terms of value engineering.
- Implement and maintain cost reporting systems on site in line with Company procedures.
- Assist the Development team with pre construction advice where necessary in the appraisal of future Phases of build and/or development opportunities.
- Contract awareness and understanding
- Understands principles of construction from technical and commercial management perspective.
- Ability to work without supervision
- Able to balance cost / programme / quality and safety priorities.
- Ability to manage a team to achieve targets and deadlines set by the business
- Proactive, flexible and reliable
- Awareness of company procedure and limits of authority
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Good Team Player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below