Customer Service Operative
Application Reference Number: 0194
Function: Customer Service
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 08/01/2021
Job Purposed: To assist the customer service team to ensure an efficient pro-active service is provided to our customers in line with the company procedures and objectives, from handover through to the end of the 2 year warranty period.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To coach and train staff focussed on personal development and succession planning through talent management. Target to reduce staff turnover to less than 15%
- Deliver the project in accordance with the business forecast and budget
- Deliver world class customer service measured through the Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 85+
- To ensure compliance with Customer Service Department processes, procedures and reporting
- Adhere to group Health and Safety standards
- Act in accordance with company culture and values of 'Our Vision' commitment to be a world class business generating long-term value by creating successful, sustainable places where people aspire to live
- Carry out warranty or latent defects and ensure that works are accurate, pays attention to detail and ensures tasks are completed on time.
- Complete general maintenance, stock inspections and commissioning of properties as directed by the Customer Service Team.
- Takes appropriate action before being asked and actively finds solutions to problems.
- Ensure property and furnishings are protected prior to commencing works. Every care must be taken to avoid disturbance or accidental damage to the customer's belongings and property.
- Represent the company in a professional and courteous manner and seek to ensure that the company's interests are protected and reputation maintained and enhanced.
- Be positive and proactive with the customer, particularly where the number of items warrants closer management.
- To maintain the Berkeley Homes brand and assist in delivery of a quality product with minimal build defects leading to positive customer satisfaction at hand-over and beyond.
- Effectively manage the expectations of all customers both internally and externally, ensuring excellent customer service is provided.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with customers and colleagues by adopting the most appropriate approach to deal with people and situations.
- Conveys accurate information effectively using the most appropriate methods to reflect the needs of the audience and ensure mutual understanding.
- Demonstrates repeated effort over a period of time, overcoming obstacles in order to achieve a goal
- Trade background or similar, with a varied skill base (e.g. general maintenance, painting, decorating and carpentry)
- To be flexible and adapt quickly to challenging circumstances
- Full driving licence
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below