Regional Health and Safety Manager
Application Reference Number: 0189
Function: Head Office
Location: Farnham Royal, Slough
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 05/02/2021
Job Purposed: The H&S Manager will assist the Divisional Head of H&S in supporting and advising the Berkeley Homes Oxford & Chiltern management team and its operations (projects), assisting with all aspects of H&S. The H&S Manager will work closely with the Director Responsible for H&S, the Regional Construction Director(s) and project teams. The Manager will be based primarily at our Kenavon Drive site to provide resident support and regional support for the other projects as directed by the Head of H&S.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage all aspects of H&S in relation to the Berkeley Oxford & Chiltern activities, act as the focal point and champion for H&S, working closely with the operating company management team and project management teams, including attending necessary operating company meetings as required
- Promote Berkeley (Homes) & Berkeley Group campaigns and initiatives and ensure that appropriate focus is afforded to the wider aspirations set at a strategic level.
- Be familiar with relevant statutory requirements and the requirements of the Berkeley (Homes)
- H&S Management System to ensure that the projects under their control are in possession of the necessary Health and Safety documentation in accordance with Berkeley Homes' policy and procedures and that they are aware of all current legislation, codes of practice and other relevant literature.
- Provide guidance on the Berkeley Group Divisional Codes of practice, Berkeley (Homes) H&S Management System, statutory requirements and other relevant literature.
- Provide advice and support and be actively involved in the planning of future works/developments and in particular assist in the letting of works packages and where necessary attend post tender and pre-start meeting with consultants or contractors.
- Visit all projects on a frequent basis to support and advise the site based teams in order to ensure that the highest H&S standards are achieved and maintained. Review project H&S documentation and procedures for suitability.
- Initiate and maintain positive and pro-active measures to raise the level of H&S awareness and performance throughout all departments of the operating company.
- Liaise with the Group Project H&S Assessment team in respect to their site visits and in particular ensuring the close out of any actions arising.
- Ensure that all accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses are thoroughly reported, investigated and conclusions drawn as to how recurrence may be avoided in line with the Berkeley Group 'Accident Reporting and Investigation Standard'.
- Manage contact with Enforcement Agencies (HSE, EHO, etc) where required.
- Provide guidance and assistance with the operating company training programme in accordance with Berkeley Homes Training policy.
- Have the authority to suspend work activities on the grounds of H&S.
- Play an active role on a wider basis with H&S department activities.
- Set a personal example of safe behaviour.
- Assist with any other H&S matter as may be appropriate
- Facilitate regular H&S reviews within the operating company
- Experience in similar role
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Quality Conscious
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below