Application Reference Number: 0188
Location: London Dock
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 18/12/2020
Job Purpose: To assist the Fit out Project Manager by leading the MEPH build and commissioning function for the C2/3 Project. The role will include liaising with the wider site wide team on a day to day basis and the coordination of activities relating to the MEPH. Further to this, the role will require you to resolve technical issues relating to the MEPH, whilst planning works and reporting to Fit out PM. You are also responsible for ensuring that the agreed design and specification is implemented and controlled on site.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Health and Safety
- Be seen as a Leader of the St George Proud to be Safe campaign and ELOS.
- Become familiar with and ensure full compliance of group OHS&E procedures
- Ensure Site Rules are abided to and assist the site team in managing this.
- Comply with Berkeley Safety Training programme and protocols.
- Ensure the documentation and filing of all safety records happens.
- Ensuring all TBT, RAMS, are carried out and kept up to date including RAMs register for three contractors.
- Conduct H&S briefings as required for three contractors.
- Ensure that all near miss reports and accidents are reported and required documentation produced and closed out.
- Chase down close out of any safety issues that are raised.
- Conduct weekly H&S inspections and lead external inspections in your responsible work areas.
- Approving the MS/RA from two separate contractors.
- Specific management for the high risk interfaces noting far more pipework chemical cleaning on C2/3 due to the number of risers and various connections points from C1
- To develop Installation and commissioning programme with two M & E Contractors to ensure ORPC/Handover dates are achieved for individual plots/units and the block as a whole.
- To track progress against these programmes and chair and Input to contractor Design coordination meetings.
- Run and manage Subcontractor packages and progress meetings
- Liaise with PM and Commercial team regarding instructions and variations for two contractors.
- Understand contract documents and PSI and clear commercial acumen to ensure that site activities are planned as set out in the contract and program
- Produce delay reports as required by commercial team and PM and Raise instructions for any works not covered in contract once confirmed with PM
- Review and comment on contractor reports and application for payment
SPECIFIC DUTIES FOR C2/3 fit-out:
- Full time Management of Brenbar, Woodford and Lifts C2/3 packages (£12.6m combined package value).
- Specific management for the following interfaces; Basement SVP, Cast iron rainwater pipework within face from L5-16, installation of lifts, chemical cleaning of pipework.
- Understand and implement the required standards of St George and consultant's specification, including British Standards and Eurocode.
- Implement the quality management systems throughout the build process including Field ViewTM.
- Be able to identify trade failings with quality, document the findings and ultimately ensure the works are rectified to meet the desired standards.
- Arrange benchmarks and witnessing with Local Authority and Consultants as required.
- Ensure full compliance with the Project Quality Plan and input information as required and coordinate with Quality Champions. QC to be made aware of updates to control documents.
Administration - Ensure the following is carried out:
- Contract administration, notices etc.
- Site Instructions
- Daily site diary. Include delays and mitigation measures.
- Record of up to date progress photos.
- Record of up to date progress and produce progress reports.
- Use of Field ViewTM
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Conduct yourself in a respectable manner
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with wide range of tasks
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below