Application Reference Number: 0171
Function: Land and Planning
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 11/12/2020
Job Purpose: Manage all aspects of the overall design development process from acquisition of land to production including financial control, strategic programming, planning, negotiation of legal agreements including managing KPI's to the business encompassing OHS&E and Sustainability. Bringing the development to market with the development of marketing collateral and disposal by way of unit sales, lettings and investment sales for both market and affordable housing and commercial / retail areas associated with the development. Liaison with operations and independent management agents in the delivery and incremental handover of the scheme.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist the business in identifying opportunities both for short and medium term land acquisition.
- Provide support & assistance to Land Team in preparation of early feasibility studies & concept design.
- In conjunction with the Development Director assess the viability of a site working in conjunction with other departments to include Sales, Commercial, Technical and Construction.
- Participate in selection of & manage in instruction, briefing and co-ordination of relevant consultants.
- Provide planning appraisals/risk assessments for initial development proposals.
- Manage strategic opportunities to optimise the value of individual projects.
- Ensure planning process is strategically managed with clarity and purpose.
- Prepare and execute appointments & fees with relevant professional consultants.
- Manage design development of high quality through concept/feasibility/outline/ scheme design work stages.
- Manage the preparation of, comment upon & submission of planning material.
- Monitor, negotiate & advance planning applications, reporting progress regularly.
- Manage production of presentation material for committee consideration & early marketing.
- Attend & ensure the company is represented at pre-application, post consultation & committee meetings with Local Authorities.
- Devise & implement strategies for enhancing third party/neighbour/community relationships.
- Attend & make presentations to local residents' meetings & respond to ongoing queries & complaints.
- Ensure that all planning commitments, obligations, agreements & conditions are satisfied & approvals secured at earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that all Berkeley Group KPI ie Sustainability/ Building for Life commitments are achieved and communicated as required.
- Seek & negotiate any necessary planning amendments, variations or additional consents deriving from changes in production.
- Own, monitor & discharge all business schedules for applications, conditions & S106 obligations.
- Own, regularly update and report on planning programmes and associated risk assessment.
- Manage the integration of affordable housing strategy from Berkeley Partnership Homes into emerging developments.
- Participate in the selection of preferred RP's & assist in negotiation & completion of Development Agreements, Specifications and Leases.
- Manage & co-ordinate the preparation of relevant conveyance plans to support such Leases.
- Own and monitor business Schedule of Affordable Accommodation.
- RICS qualified.
- 5 years post qualification experience in residential led mixed use development.
- Full and clean driving license.
- AutoCAD (preferred).
- Demonstration of experience in both public and private sectors preferably acting for a residential developer.
- Planning procedures, development control and building regulations requirements.
- Experience in using web based collaboration systems i.e. Aconex/SharePoint.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Passion for corporate responsibility
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday with one weekend off per month.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below