Application Reference Number: 0170
Location: Aldgate, London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 11/12/2020
- The role combines the efficient and functional use of space with an understanding of aesthetics together with the capability to produce the required presentations to convey the scheme.
- To co-ordinate all interior design information on projects from inception to completion supporting the project management team, marketing team and design team.
- Interior and spatial design which will involve the design or renovation of internal spaces, including structural alterations, furnishings, fixtures and fittings, lighting and colour schemes.
- To work alongside the interior design team in delivering proposals for show apartments and concepts and manage collateral CGI production for Brochures.
- Designs and feasibility studies produced and overseen from beginning to end.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief for review and sign off.
- Confer with the design and management team to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Liaise with the design team on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Coordinate with in-house and external consultants, such as contractors, architects, engineers, site technical team, to ensure job success.
- Review and detail shop drawings for construction plans.
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and prepare design collateral for management approval.
- Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items.
- FF&E inventories/schedules, manage external interior design consultants and procurement firms.
- Select or design, and purchase furnishings, art works, and accessories.
- Render design ideas in form of mood boards or through CGI's
- Use CAD and related software packages
- To maintain the Berkeley Homes brand and assist in delivery of a quality product with minimal build defects leading to positive customer satisfaction at hand-over and beyond.
- To liaise with the project and customer service departments as required.
- To ensure accuracy and demonstrate attention to detail, whilst ensuring that tasks are completed on time.
- Ensure production information is produced to an agreed program and reported against.
- Assist with the EDTM presentation process.
- Monitor all design development information in conjunction with the commercial department to ensure proposals are within budget.
- Develop and manage the production of brochure plans, conveyance plans and sales area drawings, model and CGI's as appropriate.
- Liaise CGI consultants to produce the interior design concepts.
- An eye for design, including colour, and good 3D awareness
- The ability to visualise concepts and explain them to others
- Excellent drawing and IT skills: Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch up, Adobe InDesign / Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Office.
- A flexible approach when working in a team.
- Excellent communication skills in order to interpret and negotiate briefs
- Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to the management team and colleagues.
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time.
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs.
- Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs.
- To operate with a 'one team' approach demonstrating flexible engagement with internal and external customers operating in collaboration with the project team.
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday with one weekend off per month.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below