Customer Services Manager
Application Reference Number: 0163
Function: Customer Services
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 04/12/2020
Job Purpose: Manage the Customer Service operation, from Customer Occupation throughout the 2-year warranty period whilst providing exceptional service at all times.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Report to Head of Customer Services
- Become fully conversant with Feildveiw inspection software
- Become fully conversant with C360 Customer database and logging system
- Lead and manage your Co-ordinators and operatives
- Take the Plot from the Build Team, inspect it and manage the inspection process liaising with the Site Team to ensure the Customer is handed a Home with zero defects
- Ensure the Build Team have commissioned each Plot to the Customer Services standards
- Liaise with Construction Manager / Sub Contractors to ensure any snagging items identified at the home demo are complete prior to occupation.
- Investigate and resolve warranty and post occupation defect issues raised by Customers and help co-ordinators arrange attendance by the appropriate contractors or our own operatives.
- Establish and maintain pro-active personal relationships with customers, particularly where the number, or type of issues or timescale of remedial work warrants closer management
- Ensure that all possible costs are recovered from contractors using the Contra charging process by liaising with the commercial team
- Work with the estates team to solve post occupation problems
- Develop and maintain positive interaction within your team to ensure all information is accurately reported to the Customer in a timely manner.
- Where applicable, obtain RAMS for complex tasks and review them with the Health and Safety & Construction teams.
- Investigate, report, document and help solve defect trends with Head of Department.
- Attend the fortnightly tracker meeting and build sales meeting, ensuring the build team deliver a completed quality unit to Customer services with enough time to create a zero defect home prior to occupation
- Attend warranty provider reconciliation meetings and resolve remedial works where necessary.
- Assess performance, standards of completeness and quality of junior members of staff and support training and development.
- Provide operational cover for colleagues during sickness, leave, training etc
- Have a broad understanding of the construction process and previous relevant experience.
- A background in investigating, identifying and resolving defects.
- Customer focussed with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Has a clear focus on exceptional customer service
- Calm, credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Good Team Player
- Empathic communicator
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below