Assistant Development Manager
Application Reference Number: 0153
Function: Land and Planning
Location: India House, London Bridge
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 20/11/2020
Job Purpose: To assist the Development Manager and take the lead where appropriate with respect to all planning/development matters though all phases of the project. Including, all consents, pre-start obligations, conditions, CIL, 3rd party consents, stakeholder and community engagement and other associated site strategies (commercial, meanwhile community).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage consultant budgets and be responsible for approving invoices alongside the development manager.
- Arrange and meet the LA to discuss any planning matters having considered strategy carefully alongside the DM and negotiate and agree any associated pre-application or planning performance agreement fees as required.
- Effective input into the design team meetings and workshops and ensure agendas, minutes and actions are managed affectively.
- Review any RMA submission prior to submission.
- Track and manage all conditions, s106 obligations required s96a/ s73 applications and other site wide strategies and assist the Dm to successful resolution.
- Manage the selected public relations firm on any required local consultation prior to submission with councillors, amenity groups and other statutory bodies
- Manage internal reporting deadlines
- Ensure that the project team remain clear at all times on all programme dates, key milestones and deliverables.
- Review all draft planning and design material/ documentation and ensure Berkeley comments are returned in good time for the project team to update their info prior to formal submission.
- Monitor and manage the application during the validation and determination periods.
- Take a key role in liaison and negotiation with the LPA to resolve planning issues in order to achieve approval.
- Work alongside the DM and CIL Consultant to ensure CIL liability is dealt with in a timely manner.
- Keep fully up to date with market and planning info
- Assist on site wide strategies working closely alongside and obtaining input from internal teams/ external 3rd parties.
- The role will primarily be head office based, however, the candidate is expected to work closely with the technical and production teams which may require working from site project offices.
- MRTPI, MRICS or RIBA Qualified
- At least 3-5 years post qualified experience
- Client side experience is preferable but not essential including residential and mixed use
- Exemplar IT skills including memo writing and use and understanding of excel financial models
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Passion for corporate responsibility
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below