Application Reference Number: 0152
Function: Land and Planning
Location: Malt Street, Southwark
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 20/11/2020
Job Purpose: To manage all planning/ development matters through all phases of the project. Including but not limited to, all consents, pre-start obligations, conditions, CIL, 3rd party consents, stakeholder and community engagement and other associated site strategies (commercial, meanwhile community).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Advise on the need for specialist consultants through planning process and provide briefing, coordination and liaison as required. Draw a shortlist, interview and recommend consultants prior to formal appointment.
- Manage consultant budgets and be responsible for approving invoices. Liaise with the finance manager as required to manage fee spend.
- Meet the LA to discuss any planning matters having considered strategy carefully and negotiate and agree any associated pre-application or planning performance agreement fees required.
- Lead the design team meetings/ workshops and ensure agendas, minutes and actions are managed effectively.
- Review and consider any RMA submission and communication strategy to ensure a smooth planning process. Awareness of all conditions, required s96a/s73 applications and other site wide strategies and lead on these•Manage the selected public relations firm on any required local consultation prior to submission with counsellors, amenity groups and other statutory bodies.
- Manage internal reporting deadlines and arrange and lead executive design team meetings/ management project review meetings as required.
- Ensure that the project team remain clear at all times on all programme dates, key milestones and deliverables.
- Work closely with the consultants on all external material, obtaining management team sign off throughout the process ahead of submission or presentation to the LPA, SDC, GLA an all other key stakeholders.
- Ensure CIL liability is dealt with in a timely manner working alongside the CIL specialist.
- Lead on site wide strategies working closely alongside and obtaining input from internal teams/external 3rd parties.
- Keep fully up to date with market and planning information
- The role will primarily be head office based, however, the candidate is expected to work closely with the technical and production teams which may require working from site project offices.
- MRTPI, MRICS or RIBA Qualified
- At least 5-7 years post qualified experience
- Client side experience essential including residential and mixed use
- Exemplar IT skills including memo writing and use and understanding of excel financial models
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Passion for corporate responsibility
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below