Senior Management Accountant
Application Reference Number: 0138
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 20/11/2020
Job Purpose: To provide accurate reporting and management of company accounts.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To assist with the production of month end profit and loss, balance sheet and overhead reports.
- To assist in the production of the monthly Board packs.
- To prepare weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports - highlighting, investigating and reporting on variances.
- To maintain and update profit forecast and cash flow system, ensuring all factors are reflected.
- Preparing WIP, Debtors and Creditors summary schedules
- Reviewing debtors and bespoke reconciliations
- Reviewing subcontractor payments & VAT analysis
- Drafting the monthly accounts for review by the Financial Controller
- To assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial and regulatory information for internal and external audit purposes.
- Preparing tax reconciliations for appropriate accounts.
- Implementation of a tax risk controls register for review by the Financial Controller
- Supervision of Purchase Ledger
- To undertake other projects and analysis on an ad hoc basis
- To prepare VAT returns.
- Maintain Coda fixed asset register, together with the necessary depreciation adjustments
- Maintain and review void charges for review by the Financial Controller
- Maintain and review intercompany balances and investigate any variations
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8.30am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below