Customer Care Manager
Application Reference Number: 0111
Function: Customer Services
Location: Kidbrooke Village/ Royal Arsenal Riverside
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 12/10/2020
Job Purpose: To manage allocated homes within our developments for the Customer Care department and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Undertake acceptance of completed properties.
- Carry out home demonstrations for new customers.
- Manage and maintain stock properties in the highest state of excellence.
- Investigate and resolve warranty and defect issues raised by customers.
- Establish and maintain pro-active personal relationships with customers, particularly where the number, or type, of issues and timescale of remedial work warrants closer management.
- Efficiently manage and prioritise customer issues, deliver reliable information to the customer in answer to queries and in response to defect issues raised.
- Measure and report customer satisfaction of service performance.
- Provide accurate documentation regarding defects and the action we intend to take to customer care colleagues and the wider business.
- Liaise with contractors to ensure all reported defects are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Establish programs of work detailing warranty issues, sequence of trades, estimates of timescale and materials required.
- Ensure that all possible costs are recovered from the construction contractors responsible for defects and warranty issues.
- Establish effective procedures for managing quality, delivery and resolution of issues and ensure all works are completed within timescale given to customer.
- Lead and manage the day to day operation and functions of the Maintenance Technicians/Engineers (where applicable) and provide support to ensure they perform effectively.
- Ensure company vehicles, tools and equipment held by the Maintenance Technicians/Engineers (where applicable) are regularly serviced and monitored.
- Obtain quotations and write minor specifications for small works. Issue orders and act as responsible person for such works.
- Ensure a safe working environment for Berkeley colleagues, contractors, suppliers and customers. This to include ensuring that all health and safety documentation is in place and applicable to specific works at all times.
- Investigate persistent recurring warranty issues and audit our product and contractor performance.
- Report lessons learned to Director of Customer Services in order that relevant information may be fed back to production departments as appropriate.
- Attend warranty provider reconciliation meetings and resolve remedial works where necessary as a result of conciliation.
- Assess performance, standards of completeness and quality of junior members of staff and support training and development.
- Provide operational cover for colleagues during sickness, leave, training etc.
- Have a broad understanding of the construction process and previous relevant experience.
- A background in investigating, identifying and resolving defects.
- Customer focussed with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Has a clear focus on exceptional customer service
- Calm, credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Good Team Player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below