Application Reference Number: 0098
Function: Estates Manager
Location: West London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 25/09/2020
Job Purpose: To liaise with Managing Agents, Third Party Operators, St George Production Staff, Sub-Contractors, and Suppliers to ensure that the communal areas of Developments are handed over correctly, maintained to the required standard and are managed in accordance with legislation and best practice to protect St George interests and to ensure our customers receive a world class service.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To identify potential Managing Agents and Third Party Operators (Car Park Operators, Billing Agents, Gym/Spa Managers) for Developments through the completion of a competitive tender process. Compile and submit recommendations on apointment in a formal memorandum and present this to the Managing Director for approval.
- In conjunction with the Managing Agent and the Technical Team, review, comment and implement site wide strategies.
- To ensure that detailed and comprehensive handover documentation is prepared in accordance with company requirements prior to handover / legal completion. To undertake detailed inspection of communal areas prior to handover, clearly detailing items that require attention and actively managing close out of these items in advance of first occupation.
- To coordinate the partial occupation strategy with the Managing Agent prior to the first completion in any new phase or building. Witness activation of all life safety systems installed within the common parts.
- To ensure all O+M manuals, Health & Safety files, asset registers, drawings and any other Technical information required to proactively manage the building have been handed over to the Managing Agent prior to completion. To ensure that the documents provide comprehensive detail and guidance in respect of the ongoing maintenance requirements and that the managing agents fully understand the systems in which they are accepting.
- Inspect communal areas with the Managing Agent (and St George Technical Manager) to sign over completed areas to the Managing Agent / Third Party Operators. As partial occupation progresses produce an inspection report and ensure all matters are closed out by the respective organisatons responsible in a timely manner
- Undertake regular inspections of communal Estate areas ensuring they are well presented at all times, providing and distributing inspection reports, containing clear apportionments of responsibilities to St George and the Managing Agent / Third Party Operators.
- Attend regular meetings between St George and Third Party Operators ensuring these meetings are minuted and the actions closed out within the specified timeframes.
- Ensure that Managing Agents fulfil their contractual obligations in-line with the management agreement, statutory requirements and industry best practice.
- Actively resolve Estate issues brought to the attention of St George through meetings or communication with the Managing Agent / Third Party Operators, including defect management or design matters.
- To manage correspondence with customers, Managing Agents, Third Party Operators, contractors or other Landlords where St George have granted a Head Lease.
- To attend internal or external meetings as reasonably required by the company.
- To meet with the managing agents and Third Party Operators on a monthly basis to ensure compliance with all statutory inspection and maintenance requirements. Ensure any outstanding issues are documented in meeting minutes and closed out in a timely manner.
- To develop good working relationships with other company departments and provide guidance and input on matters affecting Estate Management.
- To compile reports on key department issues as reasonably required and directed by the Head of Estates.
- Monitoring, assist and challenge any building insurance claims with the Managing Agent to avoid any negative impact to our customers premium where possible.
- To work with the Managing Agent and St George PLC Estate Accountant to provide Service Charge Budgets and LTHW accounts (if required) at least three months before the end of the service charge year.
- To undertake a detailed review on the proposed Service Charge budget prepared by the managing agents to ensure the budget provides excellent value for our customer, through detailed scrutiny of onsite staffing resources and ensuring retenders of maintenance contracts have been completed.
- To review annually with the Managing Agent and St George Estate Accountant the status of reserve funds against the Managing Agent CAPEX plans. To ensure that CAPEX plans are renewed in accordance with RICS guidance.
- To ensure that all requests from the Managing Agent to initiate legal proceedings on lessees (where St George are Landlord) are reviewed and forwarded to the St George Managing Director for approval and that subject to this sign off service charge arrears are effectively pursued and collected by the Managing Agent in line with the terms of the sub-lease.
- To engage with representatives of other Landlords on all current schemes where head leases have been disposed but where St George remains the Superior Landlord.
- Notify the Head of Estates of any impending FTT, legal action or potential escalations within the business.
- Any other duties required by the Head of Estates or other member of the senior management team required in order to procure exceptional homes and to promote the highest standards of service.
- To promote and initiate the Berkeley Group Our Vision commitments, including the preparation and implementation of development specific Community Plans.
- To assist the Commercial Property Team in arranging marketing events to promote awareness of our developments.
- To co-ordinate with the relevant departments to resolve any Commercial Defects which may arise.
- To assist to drive any Commercial Property strategies accordingly.
- Ideally 5+ years' experience working in Leasehold Property Management
- Demonstrated understanding of landlord and tenant legislation, health & safety at work act, employment law, and other applicable legislation
- Excellent understanding of the RICS Code of Practice and industry guidelines
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below