Application Reference Number: 0094
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 23/10/2020
Job Purpose: Responsible for procurement of construction materials and plant for regional sites. Ensuring that quality materials are obtained in a timely fashion and achieving best value.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Produce commercial monitors to co-ordinate and monitor the department's progress and ensure deadlines are met. Update these monitors on a regular basis to ensure all phases of procurement are actively monitored and controlled.
- Detailed knowledge and involvement on the large/more complex material orders and be actively involved with other project team members in the preparation and agreement of the contents of the tender package.
- Contribute to budget preparation for new sites/phases.
- Agree tender lists with the Procurement Manager
- Compare supplier bids and product pricing and analyse against budgets.
- Prepare directly procured material orders and report on procured order values in comparison to budgets.
- Contribute to the management of rebate deals, Annual Price Agreements, administer group rebate deals and ensure rebates are claimed as necessary.
- Resource new product and material suppliers, building relationships and partnerships for the benefit of quality of product and in pursuit of customer excellence
- Source alternative materials in order to enhance the quality of the company's developments whilst maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Day to day support for all procurement staff including supervision, support, guidance, prioritisation and monitoring of work.
- Liaise with Customer Care department, providing just in time service to supply replacement products and materials to site, post completion
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Enthusiastic approach with the ability to work both on own initiative and within a committed team
- Confident and adaptable
- Team player
- Hard working
- Well presented
Please note our standard working hours are 8.30am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below