Customer Services Operative
Application Reference Number: 0067
Function: Customer Service
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 12/10/2020
Job Purpose: Carry out warranty work as directed by the Customer Service Manager and Customer Service Coordinators within allocated geographical area and ensure service levels and customer satisfaction are maintained, from the point of customer's completion on a property through the 2 year warranty period, and beyond if required.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure property and furnishings are properly protected prior to commencing works. Dust sheets will be provided and every care must be taken to avoid disturbance or accidental damage to the customer's belongings and property.
- Carry out accepted warranty or defect works and ensure they are completed in accordance with weekly schedule of appointments and worksheets, providing good workmanship.
- Ensure that all materials and tools necessary for the satisfactory completion of the works have been sourced and are available prior to commencing works. Assist with collection of materials when necessary.
- Focus on completion of works on schedule and within programme and timescale given to customer.
- Record any variation to the works undertaken and all requests made by the customer on the Standard Customer Service Work Request Form and where further investigation is required, document the reasons and pass to the Customer Service Coordinator on the same day.
- Be aware of completing work to both customer and company's satisfaction and obtain written confirmation from the Customer of their satisfaction with the completion of works before a service call is deemed concluded.
- Report any persistent recurring warranty or defect issues to the Customer Service Manager and note any customer details that may assist Customer Service in on-going management of customer relationship.
- Inspect properties for defects and oversee works undertaken by sub-contractors, as required.
- Ensure the Company's interests and reputation is maintained and enhanced.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Has a clear focus on high quality
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Good Team Player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below